John 14:26, Does this sound familiar to you?

But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. KJV

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. NIV

all Bibles attest to this

Jesus' Words are consistent.

Update:

Joshua - HOW am I misquoting? It's word for word from each version.

Update 2:

Joshua again - I agree that all human beings have the knowledge to communicate with God, but they don't know Him except by knowing his creation.

Grace and Truth came by Jesus Christ

Update 3:

Thanks Allegory. I will check out your website. I kind of get some of what you are saying.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

peace be to this house,

What is more important, the messenger or the message?

Jesus was the messenger, the words Jesus spoke were the message.

You read John 14:26 and you pay honor to the messenger, but the message you disregard.

What is the Message in John 14:26?

But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

It is the same message as found in all of the 14th chapter of the gospel of JESUS according to John

===========================

THIS MESSAGE STATES THAT: THE HOLY GHOST WILL BRING TO YOUR MEMORY EVERY WORD EVER SPOKEN BY JESUS and JESUS got the words he spoke from ----- John 12:49-50 -----

BUT this message is the exact same message as given in John 14:25 which states

These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

===========================

THIS MESSAGE STATES THAT: THE WORDS JESUS SPOKE WHEN HE WALKED THE EARTH AS John 1:14 also states is the MESSAGE.

-----------------------

Remember Mary

PS TreeTop see the true message,

• 10 years ago

You're misquoting the entire passage.

John 14:26 New King James Version:

The Gift of His Peace

"These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you."

What Jesus is saying is that the Holy Spirit (within ourselves, within our conscious mind) we will know him always when we seek him, this applies to both the Son and the Father. All human beings have the knowledge to communicate with God, and to know him.

• John 14:26. "However, the Advocate Holy Spirit, that my Father shall send in my

name, He* will teach you everything, and He will endow* you with

everything I have told you. [original Aramaic scriptures]

• 10 years ago

yes and that is what happen when the apostle was putting the scripture together for the new testament Jesus told them he would bring to their remembrance what to write down. as we read scripture today the holy spitit reveals what the scripture is meaning (truth) to us as we read scripture, natural man cannot understand it sounds foolish to him, this is one way we can test the spirit to see if we belonge to Jesus, read 1 john 5:11,13

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

People who take Comfort in Ghostly Law are $ick,

Earthy, Deceived, Bewitched, Seduced, in Bondage

pst: there are two Comforters in verily verily John,

http://www.godshew.org/TwainShew2.htm#Comforters

and the Holy Ghost (Law) is nasty, even deadly, in

Exodus and

Mark 3:29

Acts 5 and

Hebrews 3

Jude 1:5

Revelation

pst: God is a Spirit (Grace), not a Ghost (Law)

Ghost driven: walk before me ... Law... KAPOW

Spirit led: follow me ... Grace and Truth... kNOW

Ghost driven: you forgive first, then I might

Spirit led: God first forgave, while yet a sinner

purpose DRIVEN sheeple of purpose DRIVEN churches?

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Yes

• 10 years ago

thank God we have a Comforter

• ed f
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

I am thanking God for his comforter!

• ?
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

yes

• sdn
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

where are you going with quoting this prophecy?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.