Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 9 years ago

how can i tell my parents im adopted?

how can i tell my parents im adopted? is there a nice way to tell them the truth that i am adopted.. i dont want to hurt their feelings

i should have told them right from the start

• Favorite Answer

I just LOL'd at work! I love this one

Well you should have told them right from the beginning so they would have always just known it rather than having it sprung on them this way. In any case, you'll just have to sit them down now and tell them. Give them time to digest it, and let them know that you'll answer any questions they may have honestly and openly.

Really, not telling them for all these years was pretty much the same as lying to them. There are going to be trust issues. Good luck.

Shouldn't your parents already know your adopted?

• Taylor

I was in a similar situation, just let them down easy. Sit them down and be honest. Adoptions are rough on parents when they have no idea it happened.

Show them the birth certificate and point to the part that declares the birth parents . Pictures or paper stuff sometimes speaks louder than words if you don't know where your birth certificate is make one on paint

*blink*

They know you're adopted...do you mean "How can I tell my parents I KNOW I'm adopted?" Just tell them I suppose. Ask about your early years...

You can't tell them. You must petition the court for a CI to confidentially inquire if your parent's are open to such a revelation such as your status as adopted.

If they decline revelation of your adoption, you must carry the secret to your grave.

This due to the confidentiality required for adoption to work.

You're going to have to break it to them gently. It's going to come as a major shock.

Most parents don't realize when they adopted children, it comes as a giant shock and scares them. Just don't mention it and you'll be fine.

Source(s): Experience
  • shouldn't they know your adopted since they are your parents ?

Don't tell them! After all, they're YOUR parents now, not those other people who conceived and birthed you. If you tell your parents that you're adopted, they'll only hold it against you and it won't be long before you hear them say, "You're not my REAL child!"

Source(s): Reality.

WHAT? would they already know since they adopted you?