What is the best fishing knot for braid to lure?

Just got some braid (20lb), and want to go fishing tonight.

I have been using mono in the past, either improved clinch knot or improved trilene knot, but I read somewhere that braid may need different knots.

Would this still be OK, or do I need to tie another knot?

Thanks

Favorite Answer

Don't worry about it too much, you'll read a lot of that kinda crap everywhere. Different people have different feelings about the different knots to use for braid. Some will say use this one, others will say to use that one...

...it doesn't really matter, a knot's a knot. Braid holds fairly well compared to fluorocarbon.

Before I switched back to mono from braid, I would use the Clinch knot and the Palomar knot. It held just as well as monofilament. I dunno who Charlie was talking about, but I'm one one of those that adds a drop of super glue onto the knot just a little extra security.

Source(s): -B
  • BOBBER

The polamar knot is the way to go as braid tends to slip if not tied properly.

palomar knot is the way for braid for sure. I dont use glue and I've pulled hooks off of logs and bent hooks getting them back. Saved me some money.

The Palomar is the strongest knot, it has came out number one in numerous knot tests. Another member on here mentioned that he put a drop of glue on the knot also to ensure it holds.

Backwater Charlie has the right answer. If it is good enough for mono it will be better for braid.

• Uni Knot with 8 wraps. No super Glue, and no slipping.

http://www.animatedknots.com/uniknot/index.php?Log...

Dont listen to people that only use mono. They have no idea what their talking about