List of Surrealist Artists?
Can someone give me a list of different surrealist painters BESIDES Salvador Dali. (i already know about his paintings)
- SportLv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
FAMOUS SURREALIST PAINTERS BESIDES SALVADOR DALI:
• Giorgio de Chirico (1888-1978) Italian founder of Metaphysical Painting, and the celebrated precursor of Surrealism, who created hauntingly empty townscapes, and juxtapositions of unexpected objects.
• Paul Klee (1879-1940) Innovative German-Swiss graphic artist and painter in watercolours and oils; explored human fantasies and fears in a huge output of mainly small-scale works.
• Francis Picabia (1879-1953) French painter and designer, pioneer of Dada in Paris, noted for collages and constructions, and Cubist paintings.
• Pierre Roy (1880-1950) French illustrator, designer and painter whose surrealism was based on bizarre juxtapositions of objects in the manner of Magritte.
• Jean Arp (1887-1966) French sculptor and painter, known for his Dadaist wood-reliefs, cardboard cut-outs and paper collages, his surrealist work included simple biomorphic shapes sometimes with echoes of primitive art.
• Marcel Duchamp (1887-1968) One of the most influential early 20th century avant-garde artists. Had huge influence on Surrealism due to his Dadaist ready-mades; also known for his surrealist designwork and installations at the First Papers of Surrealism exhibition (1942) in New York.
• Marc Chagall (1887-1985) Long-lived Russian artist, active in France. Produced autobiographical and religious fantasy-style pictures.
• Paul Nash (1889-1946) English painter, designer, photographer and illustrator, best known for his abstract landscapes like Landscape from a Dream (1937-8, Tate London), as well as the unreal Totes Meer (Dead Sea) (1940-1, Tate).
• Max Ernst (1891-1976) German-born artist; his Dadaist photomontages are seen as the first examples of Surrealist visual art. Inventor of several surrealist techniques including Frottage, Decalcomania, and Grattage.
• Joan Miro (1893-1983) Spanish painter, sculptor, designer,
• Antonin Artaud (1896-1948) French writer, actor and artist, known for his figurative drawings
• Andre Masson (1896-1987) A major figure in the Surrealism movement.
Paul Delvaux (1897-1994) Best known for his haunting paintings .
• Maurits Escher (1898-1972) Dutch draughtsman and graphic artist,
• Rene Magritte (1898-1967) Belgian classical realist painter who produced precise illusionistic images which transcend normal rules of size/perspective, or allude to unknown presences. • Eileen Agar (1899-1991) Leading British exponent of surrealism;
. • Yves Tanguy (1900-55) French-born painter best known for his barren lunar-like landscapes, infused with a hallucinatory stillness and amorphous marine-like organisms.
• Roland Penrose (1900-84) British artist who created a number of surrealist collages, paintings and objects; best remembered for his promotion of surrealism
• Hans Bellmer (1902-75) Polish-born artist best known for his exceptional erotic drawings and graphics.
• Victor Brauner (1903-66) Romanian surrealist painter and sculptor, who also explored collage and fumage. His specialty was figurative compositions, typically with magical themes.
• Frida Kahlo (1907-54) Mexican painter, whose output included numerous authentic surreal paintings depicting the detail of her dreams.
• Francis Bacon (1909-92) Extraordinary artist whose nightmarish figurative Surrealism reflects his own disturbing vision of life.
• Dorothea Tanning (b.1910) Heavily influenced by the art show Fantastic Art, Dada, Surrealism at New York's Museum of Modern Art i
• Roberto Matta (1911-2002) Chilean-born surrealist painter known for his organic abstractionism suffused with sexual and science-fiction overtones.
• Lenora Carrington (b.1917) Extraordinary British-born lifelong surrealist painter, p
• Bernard Requichot (1929-61) French painter
• Man Ray (1890–1976) Born Emmanuel Radinski, he was an American photographer, painter, sculptor, film-maker who explored numerous styles including Cubism, Dada, packaged objects,
. • Claude Cahun (1894-1954) Born Lucy Schwob, she is best known for her self-portrait photographs showing herself dressed as a man or made up like a doll.
• Raoul Ubac (1910-85) Belgian photographer, painter, graphic artist, sculptor,
• Wols (1913-51) Born Alfred Otto Wolfgang Schulze, he was a German painter and photographer who is now best remembered for his close-up surrealist photographs of kitchen objects, including skinned animals as well as more conventional utensils.
- Anonymous5 years ago
This Site Might Help You.
List of Surrealist Artists?
Can someone give me a list of different surrealist painters BESIDES Salvador Dali. (i already know about his paintings)Source(s): list surrealist artists: https://tr.im/A9h47
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 5 years ago
Ivan Maria Gozzi Modena Italia
- ?Lv 44 years ago
For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ax9Fl
Magritte and Salvador Dali are some good famous ones. Magritte did Time Transfixed, the painting with the train coming through the wall, and he did some cool sculptures where weird things are happening. Dali painted the painting with the melting clocks. They would probably be your most famous painters for surrealism.
- SeventexLv 59 years ago
Renee Magrite, Max Ernst, Andre Breton, Hans Arp, Marcel Duchamp, Yves Tanguy... that ought to give you a good start.
- melvaLv 44 years ago
thank you for all the answers.