Why do teens love the word "random"?

especially girls. Just wondering.

Best Answer

Random is the only way of describing "an event that does not occur often" without attaching negativity to it. For example, other ways of describing an event similar to random would be odd, unusual, strange or weird but all of those words suggest that the event was not good. Random does not give an opinion either good or bad, it just states a fact.

Plus, it is just a trendy word to say right now. Different age groups and generations have different trendy words and trendy words are also different in different areas. Like I live in a state where I here "that's legit", "I'm stoked", "that's epic", and "true story" a lot but in my hometown I never heard anyone say those phrases but I hear "that's random" a lot.

This is a really random question...

Anyway, there is really no other word to replace random is there? I can't think of any. The only thing that might replace it is "out of the blue" but that seems kind of old and it takes longer to say then just "random"

I dont know. I'm a teen and a lot of my friends use that word ALL the time. It really bothers me. Its like when they want to make their sentence more exciting they insert "random"

• Katie

Because it's better than saying "strange" or "unusual". The word random just has a certain ring to it that makes it fun to say.

ahh probably because its awesome and like totally spectacularly random

• cause it, like, totally can, like, mean anything.

ya know it's, like, completely random!

Its not that they "love it" its just that they tend to use such words as random, like, wtf, etc... all. the,. time. who knows why, possibly beccause their vocabulary isnt that independant. they just say what they hear their friends saying. and the cycle goes on. lol.

cause it's so random :P

it describes everything nd nething thats wierd or different

nd its catchy :)

IDK but i think it sounds cute to them i like the word random