Mexico or Peru to study Spanish?

I have been debating for quite some time whether or not to go to Mexico or Peru to study Spanish this summer. I haven't found any other countries because I haven't found anything as good cost wise. For Mexico, my options are Merida, Puerto Vallarta, and Guadalajara. Many have said Guadalajara, but the city... show more I have been debating for quite some time whether or not to go to Mexico or Peru to study Spanish this summer. I haven't found any other countries because I haven't found anything as good cost wise. For Mexico, my options are Merida, Puerto Vallarta, and Guadalajara. Many have said Guadalajara, but the city just doesn't seem appealing. I'm leaning more towards Puerto Vallarta or Merida because I have never been to a real beach. Cusco, Peru is also an option. I think I would like Puerto, Merida or Cusco more because they just seem to have more attractions to enjoy. I really want to enjoy myself for the weeks I am there. I am worried that Merida, Puerto Vallarta and Cusco are going to be big tourist attractions though. Any suggestions or any other cost efficient programs would be amazing. I am open to other countries if the overall cost is less than $3000. I plan on doing 3-5 weeks. Please take in mind where I would learn more Spanish and just have an overall more enjoyable experience. Home-stay is the only option I have in mind too. Thanks!
7 answers 7