Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Lulu
Lv 4
Lulu asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

What does 'moc moc' mean?

I keep seeing it on Twitter conversations but I couldn't find a translation for it anywhere. It's either Spanish or Catalan.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Leonor
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

moc literally means boogers in Catalan, but moc moc can also be used to imitate the sound the car horn makes. Honestly with Puyi, Puti, and Cesc, you never know what it might mean. I'm sure it's some sort of "code" these guys have and it has a special meaning just for them.

• 1 decade ago

This has been used by Barcelona players Puyol and Piqué and Arsenal's Cesc Fàbregas when exchanging messages in Twiter. "Ens veiem a Londres, moc moc" (Catalan for "we will see each other in London", referring to the fact that Barcelona and Arsenal will play against each other in February ).

"Moc moc" imitates the sound of a horn or hooter, like the one Harpo Marx used. But what is really implied with "moc moc" in those messages, only those guys might know.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.