Lulu
Lulu asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

What does 'moc moc' mean?

I keep seeing it on Twitter conversations but I couldn't find a translation for it anywhere. It's either Spanish or Catalan.

• Leonor
    Favorite Answer

moc literally means boogers in Catalan, but moc moc can also be used to imitate the sound the car horn makes. Honestly with Puyi, Puti, and Cesc, you never know what it might mean. I'm sure it's some sort of "code" these guys have and it has a special meaning just for them.

This has been used by Barcelona players Puyol and Piqué and Arsenal's Cesc Fàbregas when exchanging messages in Twiter. "Ens veiem a Londres, moc moc" (Catalan for "we will see each other in London", referring to the fact that Barcelona and Arsenal will play against each other in February ).

"Moc moc" imitates the sound of a horn or hooter, like the one Harpo Marx used. But what is really implied with "moc moc" in those messages, only those guys might know.