James , John, and Peter was with Jesus, but they heard the voice?

Let's open our Bible: (Matthew 17:1) Six days later Jesus took Peter and James and John his brother along and brought them up into a lofty mountain by themselves.

(Matthew 17:5) While he was yet speaking, look! a bright cloud overshadowed them, and, look! a voice out of the cloud, saying: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved; listen to him.”

So, God said, " This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved; listen to him."

Okay , how can people call Jesus God? I don't get it!

Jesus was with James, John, and Peter, but why did those guys heard God's voice and he said, " Son" so that mean Jesus is not God.

Okay folks, tell me what you think of this?

Thanks.

@ Race Bannon: Very funny. I am asking very serious question.

• Best Answer

The trinity is true the Father , Son & Holy Spirit are connected by an invisible silver umbilical cord , or was that an internet connection , wireless I guess or was Jesus a ventriloquist ?

Not sure but it is on of those three .

Stop Press forget those three options , the most obvious answer is because Jesus is not God.

John 17 :3 New American Standard Bible

"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

John 17:3 States Jesus is not God & we have to know God & Jesus , why is the Holy spirit left out ?

1) Okay , how can people call Jesus God?

It's pretty easy.

2) I don't get it!

Well..lots of people don't get it. I think the problem is that people refuse (or are unable) to think of God in terms of something other than a material being. That is: people think that God is like a human in important ways. He's not.

3) Jesus was with James, John, and Peter, but why did those guys heard God's voice and he said, " Son" so that mean Jesus is not God.

No. Logically, that does NOT mean "Jesus is not God".

Jim, http://www.bible-reviews.com/

• Midge

the Trinity is a mystery and I am ok with that. I do not have to understand nor could I totally understand the mind of God. What did Jesus mean when he said "The Father and I are one" and what about John when he said Jesus was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God?

and also when he said that Jesus although he was God did not consider himself equal to God?

Because they believe Jesus is a part of god therefor he is god. Confused? Most people are. If Jesus calls god father and sits on his right hand, then there are two gods, major and minor. When you toss in the myriad of angels you have more god-lets or certain magical beings more powerful than humans. When you claim Christianity is monotheistic but also believe in multiple, immortal beings with godlike powers, then you have a contradiction. Makes discussion more interesting though.

Because they're separate, distinct beings. God (the father) is the father to Christ (also a God), and then you have the Holy Ghost (also a God). They are only one in one way: Purpose... To bring us back to Heaven.

How to understand this: The government is considered one entity or is in the singular (not governments). The government consists of hundreds/thousands of people that make "the government". The same is with God. Three distinct beings make up "God". As the President of the United States is revered as the head of "the government", the same is considered w/ The Father (God) as the head, or the one that we pray to.

When mankind sinned, we needed a Saviour, someone who would sacrifice Himself for our sins. God was willing to come down here and be that sacrifice for sins, but God is a Spirit (John 4:24) so He had to have a body in order to be crucified on the Cross. God manifested Himself in Jesus Christ, who was the body which would die for our sins. Jesus Christ was still God but He was contained in the body of Jesus Christ in the form of Spirit. Therefore, God the Father remained in heaven and sent His own Spirit to be contained inside Jesus Christ the Son of God who would be crucified for our sins. The Lord Jesus Christ was 100% God and 100% man. The Lord Jesus Christ was Father =LORD, Son= JESUS and Christ = anointed one or SPIRIT. For in Christ dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians 2:9).

In order to differentiate between all the three persons of the Trinity which are one God, they are called Father, Word (Jesus) and Holy Spirit and these three are one (1 John 5:7).

You will find similar passages in Mark 1:12-13 and Luke 3:21-22.

What you have here is the manifestation of all three members of the triune God, the Trinity.

Over-simplified example:

I am a father.

I am a son.

I am a husband.

Am I not all three, yet I am one?

Source(s): read Isaiah 9:6 carefully and thoroughly.

Jesus is God, but He is also God's Son. God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all one in the same. God sent His Son Jesus into the Earth to save the world from sin. Jesus is God in the flesh.

Source(s): Read John 3:16, and get in touch with your pastor so he can better clarify any questions you may have.
  • borhan

people actually believe the word of men on bible other than word of Jesus

now what Jesus told can't be known cz Jesus didn't' write any bible or book.now all christian are following is some man made books which is called a holy book with a label of abraham religion

bible and Christianity both are not approved by God or his prophet Jesus

its just some king made books and religion

• ?

God said plainly, "This is my Son" If Jesus is Gods Son, He is God. For further proof, read the fist chapter of John. And you will see that Jesus is GOD. For all things were created by Him, For Him.

God Bless Ya,

Chicago Bob

imasinner

There is more joy in Jesus in one day.

Than there is in the World 365/24/7

I know, I tried them both.

Source(s): Jesus.