Anonymous

Should I go to Ohio Statue University or Ohio Northern University?

This is really hard for me. And I know that both schools are complete opposites, but I just can't choose. I want to major in biology and eventually go to medical school to become a pediatrician.

• Phil
    Favorite Answer

Ohio Northern is way more expensive than Ohio State.

Ohio Northern is a smaller college than Ohio State

Ohio Northern has 2,679 total undergraduates.

Biology (at Ohio Northern) is the third most popular major for undergraduates (11%) major in biology

The competition at Ohio Northern is going to be harder than it would be at Ohio State.

I think you should go to Ohio State where not so many pick study biology and you'll have a better chance of getting into medical school at a larger college.

Blessings

I assume you mean Ohio STATE University.

It really depends on what you want to study, and what type of college atmosphere you want. I don't know much about Ohio Northern aside from knowing it's a smaller school. However, tOSU is a major university in the Big Ten that offers hundreds of majors, as well as major-college athletics and other programs (if that interests you.)

As a graduate of a Big Ten university (Indiana University), I tend to favor larger schools over smaller; I loved the huge campus, meeting new people all the time, and let's face it, there were a good 100 parties to hit up every weekend, if you knew the right people.

Do your research, visit the schools in Spring (best time to see the campus is when it's in bloom), and talk to people in the departments you're interested in to get a better feel.

Ohio State will definitely give you the edge in education and med school applications. Ohio Northern is still a good school, but Ohio State just looks more impressive on med school applications and with Med school being so competitive you want any advantage you can get. Go with Ohio State. You can't go wrong!

Source(s): College Student-USF or UCF...haven't decided myself! lol! majoring in Social Work

Ohio State will teach you how to spell Ohio State.

Ohio Northern will crush your soul as you can't yet spell Ohio State.

• Cletus

I think you should go to Ohio Statue University, especially if you are made of bronze or marble