Vegetarian, low fat-carb-calorie lunch options for a picky 8 y.o?

My son's doctor recently put him on a mostly vegetarian, low fat, decreased bread/pasta, decreased calorie, high fiber diet with no prepared foods. I need some ideas on what to send him for lunch at school. I am a vegan but eat a lot of whole grains such as breads/pastas but the doc said my son should not. He... show more My son's doctor recently put him on a mostly vegetarian, low fat, decreased bread/pasta, decreased calorie, high fiber diet with no prepared foods. I need some ideas on what to send him for lunch at school. I am a vegan but eat a lot of whole grains such as breads/pastas but the doc said my son should not. He is very picky. Anyone have some ideas of what I can send him? Dinners are easy and I am not concerned about them, just need lunch ideas.

I can send him fruits and veggies which he will eat, but what about the main dish and other snacks? (Used to have sandwiches but I know he won't eat Hummus and the doc does not want him having all that bread but he likes PB; he likes Smart Dogs fake hot dogs which I've been giving him at home, fake chicken nuggets; Hates beans; Prefers bland foods... IDK what is left after we take out the things the doc said...) He is picky because of his Sensory Processing Disorder and Autism. He has health issues (High triglycerides, cholesterol, and a fatty liver as well as being obese because of some meds he's on) which is why the doc is recommending this "Diet".
4 answers 4