Vegetarian, low fat-carb-calorie lunch options for a picky 8 y.o?

My son's doctor recently put him on a mostly vegetarian, low fat, decreased bread/pasta, decreased calorie, high fiber diet with no prepared foods. I need some ideas on what to send him for lunch at school. I am a vegan but eat a lot of whole grains such as breads/pastas but the doc said my son should not. ... show more My son's doctor recently put him on a mostly vegetarian, low fat, decreased bread/pasta, decreased calorie, high fiber diet with no prepared foods. I need some ideas on what to send him for lunch at school. I am a vegan but eat a lot of whole grains such as breads/pastas but the doc said my son should not. He is very picky. Anyone have some ideas of what I can send him? Dinners are easy and I am not concerned about them, just need lunch ideas.
Update: I can send him fruits and veggies which he will eat, but what about the main dish and other snacks? (Used to have sandwiches but I know he won't eat Hummus and the doc does not want him having all that bread but he likes PB; he likes Smart Dogs fake hot dogs which I've been giving him at home, fake chicken... show more I can send him fruits and veggies which he will eat, but what about the main dish and other snacks? (Used to have sandwiches but I know he won't eat Hummus and the doc does not want him having all that bread but he likes PB; he likes Smart Dogs fake hot dogs which I've been giving him at home, fake chicken nuggets; Hates beans; Prefers bland foods... IDK what is left after we take out the things the doc said...)
7 answers 7