windows update... blue screen?

is windows update really necessary? my recently built pc was working like a dream. the other day i turned it off and windows did their little update thing and the next morning i couldn't go even 10 minutes without getting the bsod. why is that?

Update:

so if i restore it, windows would ask me to update again. should i just turn updates off? or is it important. idk what to do since updating is recommended to keep system up to date and stuff but on the other hand, it blue screens my computer.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Windows update has corrupted some of your system files. If you do the restore, be sure to go to windows update settings and choose: download updates automatically but install manually. Now when windows tells you that there are updates ready to install, check and see what specific updates those are. Knowing that will be very easy to spot the problem!

Cheers!

Source(s): www.bsodfree.co.cc
  • ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Method 1 (Safe Mode)

Step 1: Restart your computer and continuously tap the F8 key while it is restarting. You will eventually see the ‘Advanced Boot Options’ screen, where you need to select the Safe Mode option.

Step 2: Click the Start Menu and type Programs and Features in the search box. Press enter when the Programs and Features option is selected.

Step 3: Select View installed updates in the top left of the window.

Step 4: Locate Update for Microsoft Windows (KB973879) in the list of updates. You can sort by name for easier searching by clicking the Name column. Click Uninstall at the top of the list.

Step 5: Click Restart Now. Your computer should now function properly

• 9 years ago

the update must have corrupted some of your system files, thus getting the bsod. try to do a system restore, restore to the point before the update. if that wont work, reformatting is the only way to go.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.