Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 years ago

Is it important (for you) that whoever you date has similar music tastes with you?

I'm just curious. I'm a big Classic (soft or hard) rock (50's - 80's) fan and I would prefer that she like some of the music I like. I also prefer, well require rather, that she like The Beatles (can name 10 Beatles songs she likes at minimum). In addition to me being a short guy, finding a girl my age (18) is quite hard (haven't found one yet). I'm not asking whether you think I'm too picky or not (I think I am) but rather I'm asking to see if there are a number of people out there as well who put a considerable amount of weight on music tastes when dating.

Favorite Answer

Music plays a huge part in everyone's life, I think often times people lifestyles can be solely directed by musical choices. In all honesty, I think if you can find someone with the exact or most similiar music taste, you both will have a lot in common. That's just what i've discovered, it's also much easier being in a relationship with someone who has the same music taste, considering a lot of arrguements can spark up as to what to listen to when the radios playing and if you both have opposite tastes when you take turns listening to eachothers music one of you will be in agony. Therefor, my verdict is definetly try to find someone with your music taste. Less trouble : )

haha, I hate the beatles but to answer your question:

I'ts not IMPORTANT to me, but it's definitely a plus if they do. It's just one more thing you got in common.

The only thing I can't stand is if she listens to justin bieber or some crap like that, or metal, I hate metal (i'm a junior in high school)

So, except in extremes in terms of what I don't like, musical taste doesn't bother me. I can deal with stuff I don't like, except metal, haha.

I think you might be being a LITTLE too picky, especially with the beatles thing. beatles fans are a slowly dying breed, especially in girls.

That's too picky, let her like whatever music she wants!

yeah bro. Also I only date girls whos favourite colour is red