Tell me if this is a good book idea please?

The year: 2250

The day: The 1st of January

The setting: Off the coast of Hawai'i

The narrator: The LAST MAN ON EARTH

"To Whom It May Concern..."

"It was the most massive war in the history of humanity. At the time of the last battle, there were only 100,000 humans left, compared to the 12,000,000,000 that were there before the war started. I had been on Hawai'i, which had long been abandoned, so I survived, but no one else did. I was there because I was a historian, and that is how I can write this."

"The biggest battle was the Battle of Manhattan. The London troops set up a distraction with explosives, that caused heavy casualties, while the main infantry came through Philadelphia killing almost all of the over 1,000,000,000 people living in the northeastern and central eastern parts of the country known as Manhattan, as well as destroying the city itself. This country had previously been split into the United States of America, Canada, and a few hundred island nations. Meanwhile, in what was known as a section of the battle, the Manhattan troops destroyed London and the rest of Europe, as well as slaughtering many from Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, Ho Chi Minh, Jakarta, and most of the other Asian and Oceanian countries, while at the same time being pushed away from taking siege of the cities. In total 9,000,000,000 of the 12,000,000,000 humans died here and brought the direct downfall of Manhattan, London, Jakarta, Ho Chi Minh, Seoul, and Tokyo. Mexico, although not invaded, felt the effects too, as many Manhattans immigrated south, and surged the population, while many ships carrying people or artillery to other countries were destroyed, causing a decrease in direct Mexican population. Soon, this country was a province of Manhattan, and was in fact the only province to have more than 100,000 people."

"Why couldn't they see that they were destroying themselves? Then, maybe, just maybe......"

"What I have written in this letter is of great importance. Please, come repopulate Earth. By the time you get this message, I will be gone, but Earth will still be here. For the fate of the planet, please......"

"With this letter, I write my will. As the last man on Earth, it is mine, and I am giving it to you. Take care of her, and please, make sure your civilizations aren't as self-destructive as ours. Maybe humans just weren't meant for the responsibility of maintaining a planet, but I hope you are...."

"Sincerely, Brian Campbell V...."

"I awoke in a daze. I believed myself to be the last man on Earth, but after shipwrecking somewhere along the coast of the Western United States, I see a glow in the distance. I am not sure if there are humans there, because I have travelling very far through this nearly endless desert. I believe I will die in that city, because it seems to be the last remnant of humanity. As I write this journal, I hope that someone will find it, when Earth is repopulated, because I thi"

Thanks Natalie! I know it's long, but it's going to be a serious, 250 or so page novel, and I wanted to give an accurate description while giving away a spoiler or two. That last paragraph is from a possible sequel, or it might be just an epilogue or something. The whole point of the cutting off mid-word is because he went unconscious, if anyone was wondering.

Favorite Answer

Yeah, I managed about a paragraph and a half before I lost interest...way too wordy and I know your protagonist is a historian, but c'mon! You need to keep the readers attention. Wow, just went back up and saw, "come repopulate Earth"...why? I'm sure the unnamed war between Manhattan and apparently the rest of the world destroyed any semblance of nature and the ozone layer...anyways...good looking out on spelling Hawai'i right! Mahalo :)

Holy crap. The means the narrator says matters like, as I received used to calling it. At first I even though it could be higher as a horror film, however the suggestions relatively do paintings. At occasions it kind of feels that your directory matters off, or that it might use a few extra constitution, but when this used to be a ebook I could purchase it in a center beat. The most effective factor that could make this unhealthy as a entire ebook is whether it is a kind of fantastic lengthy books. But if that is stored at approximately five or six hundred pages, this could be extraordinary. The suggestions are so long-established, this could be the ultimate hooked up for a sequel, wherein you discover out the entire grasp plot of the sequence. You're relatively going someplace with this. But, that is simply my opinion. so, ya recognise.

Sorry, you lost me at "The Year : 2250" Books set in the future tend to annoy me the most. And usually, the whole plot is about it being the end of the world and all that "fab" overdone stuff. I'm assuming this a book about such. I don't mean to seem mean or anything but I see this stuff in many movies and it's getting kinda old.

Change 1st of January to another date then it be great! The first of Han seems cheesy

Hmm personally I don't find it interesting, but I'm not very interested in this sort of topic (i.e. big war wipes out humanity leaving one man left), but there's creativity in it!

Also, I don't believe it's too wordy... nothing wrong with detail. It's a story, after all :)

Yeah, unfortunately I agree with paramorelvr, the last man on planet thing has been a tad overdone

D: really, REALLY good. It's extremely interesting, I hope you write more.

Me likey.