What is Colombia like?

How are the men how do they treat women what's it like? Traditions food holidays

Favorite Answer

Colombia is a beautiful place. Colombian men view women as Chattel property. They cheat a LOT and most Colombian women accept that as part of the culture. There are a lot of traditional foods.. Ajiacol, San Cocho are two soups that are delicious. Arepas.. From all the Departments (States) are good too.. I like Arepas Costenas.. because they have an egg in them. Colombia has a LOT of holidays.. They call them puentes.. and they seem to occur about every other Monday. Aug 7 is batalla de Boyaca, Ind. Day is July 20 and Valentines day is the third sat in Sept. Here are a few more..

* Año Nuevo (New Year's Day) (January 1)

* Día de los Reyes Magos (Epiphany) (January 6*)

* Día de San José (Saint Joseph's Day) (March 19*)Fathers Day

* Jueves Santo (Maundy Thursday) and Viernes Santo (Good Friday) (the Thursday and Friday before Easter Sunday, variable dates in March or April)

* Primero de Mayo (Labor Day) (May 1)

* Ascensión (Ascension of Jesus) (observed the Monday six weeks and a day after Easter Sunday)

* Corpus Christi (observed the Monday nine weeks and a day after Easter Sunday)

* Sagrado Corazón (Sacred Heart) (observed the Monday ten weeks and a day after Easter Sunday)

* San Pedro y San Pablo (Saint Peter and Saint Paul) (June 29*)

* Independence Day (July 20)

* Battle of Boyacá (August 7)

* La Asunción (Assumption of Mary) (August 15*)

* Día de la Raza (Columbus Day) (October 12*)

* All Saints’ Day (November 1*)

* Independence of Cartagena (November 11*)

* La Inmaculada Concepción (Immaculate Conception) (December 8)

* Navidad (Christmas Day) (December 25)

And NOTHING happens in business from Dec 15-Jan 15

Source(s): Been in and out of Colombia since I was a kid.. and despaired when i was trying to do business there..

Chavez is an idiot. Colombia is finally starting to resolve the problems with the FARC (the terrorists in Colombia) and Chavez is siding with these terrorists. The FARC have repeatedly killed many people in Colombia and then they flee to Ecuador and Venezuela as a safe haven. So yes, in this case Colombia should have all the support they can get because for the first time in years Colombia is finally making a change for the better and this terrorist group will soon come to an end. Chavez should just stay out of Colombia's business and learn to deal his own problems because his support for the FARC isn't making the terrorist situation any better in Colombia.

Mmm, men are very respectful, they are very joyful, and all the people enjoy as life didn't matter, they drink too much, and like to drink till 3 am. In Christmas they play some songs typical of the country and like to eat buñuelos, and natilla. Colombia is very cool, and the architecture is amazing. People don't believe it, but it's just because of thei ignorance. I'm French as here is very pacific. The problem is the drugs and the guerrillas, screw their image, but Americans tend to exagerate everything. But men are very respectful, and friendly toward women that's for sure, in fact Colombian men are known in Latin America for that. Only look a soap opera from there.

Colombia is A M A I Z I N G

I live here. I'm spanish. I love it here. i wouldn't change it for anything.

People here live like there's truly no tomorrow, they smile for everything, and i figured out that it was just thei're culture, the food is great, men are okay, and girls are real pretty.. food is great! I live in Cartagena (north coast) and i'm loving it.

If you have the opportunity, please come! this christmas that just happened we were dancing and opening presents until 5 am, and then we went to have breakfast (caldo with arepas) and it was great! I can't have that in Spain or anywhere else in the world! that's for sure

Source(s): WELCOME TO COLOMBIA, HERE, YOU HAVE IT ALL.

I've never been, but from the soaps i watch...colombia is B E A U T I F U L ! it's people are really pretty, too. the men seem pretty respectful from what i've seen, of course there's the whole "class" idea soo the rich and the poor are really different from one another...but the architecture is wonderful, as are the beaches. food of course, if you like spanish food, will be great =D

COLOMBIA IS THE BEST!!! Don't believe the hype! If you have an opportunity to go, don't miss out! GO, its a must. I've been all over Colombia, have family there, and plan to retire there.

• Robert

many are gooie , mamacita here mamacita there, and i will call you, and i lost your number.