Anonymous

Did you know the singer Teena Marie died today? She died today in her sleep and was found dead by her daughter?

She was only 54.

She's a singer and a song writer and used to sing with Rick James and Gerald Levert.

If you want to, you can google it but nobody knows the cause of her death but they did say that she had a seizure last month so the maybe had something to do with her death.

• ICH8TE
    Favorite Answer

This is crazy and yes it's true!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20026613-103...

Here's why I say it's crazy. I was listening to the radio this morning, and they did a 'Battle of the stars' vote off between her and Chaka to see who the audience would pick as their favorite singer and who they thought was the best of the two. And although I wouldn't have picked Tina over Chaka because I was more of a fan of Chaka than Teena. But Teena won the battle, she got more votes. And at that time, they said nothing about Teena being dead. I don't think they knew this morning because they are just now reporting it on the radio, and that link that I posted was just 20 something minutes ago. Her daughter found her?! Aww how sad! I was just going to check online tonight when I got on to see how old she was before I had heard that she had passed. I really liked Teena's music and Rick's music. He wrote a lot of hits for her and they had their ups and downs. I saw her on the Parkway in Philly two years ago at 'Unity Day'. She kicked it out as usual! She was very well loved in Philly. I am saddened by the news. May her soul rest in peace and may her family have strength. I was just worried last week that the Queen of soul Aretha Franklin might be in her last days. Now this. How sad.

I remember the first time i found the song and heard fire and desire. Remember how much i loved that song. Wow, i hate to make it sound like other peoples lives or more important than others. But she and her voice remind me of my mother when i grew up. Same feeling i got when Rick James and Michael Jackson died. Like wow. My mother died this year as well. Seems like that chapter of my life is slowly closing each second!

• Miss P

That Is Too Close To My Mom's Age, I Must Know Her Cause Of Death!

• NITWIG

What a sad thing for her daughter to have to deal with. R I P Teena Marie.

I love her music! I'm still kinda hoping it's not true