Aren't most Americans still really slaves?

1. Most Americans are EMPLOYEES who are paid relatively little. Just enough to survive.

2. Most Americans can be FIRED by their boss at any time for any reason or no reason at all.

3. Most Americans can quit their job and take another job, but will generally just get the same low wages.

4. Most American employees are treated like dirt by the bosses at their workplace.

So how does this really differ from slavery, except that you can change "slave master" (employer) whenever you want, and, except that they can't use corporal punishment on you?

The problem: a very small percentage of Americans own the companies that the vast majority of Americans are employed by. Even government agencies treat their employees like dirt.

Democracy in American is an illusion, since the real government in America is all these corporations and all these bosses at these corporations.

Workplaces are where adults spend most of their lives, and workplaces are DICTATORSHIPS, not democracies. They never take a vote of the workers before making decisions.

Therefore, all Americans, except for the rich, are really slaves.

The employer says to the employee, "Run faster, gerbil, run faster!" and the worker has no choice but to run faster, or else he won't be able to pay his mortgage, won't be able to buy food, car insurance, health insurance, etc.

In short, the Ownership Class (the rich) are today's Slave Masters, and the rest of us, the Employee Class, are the Slaves.

In the Hebrew Bible, Moses led the Hebrews out of slavery in Egypt. That liberation is celebrated annually at Passover. In the Christian New Testament, Jesus is spoken of as being a liberator similar to Moses.

Yet, here we are, most of us still slaves, at least in the economic sense!

In the old day in American, Americans could always move out to the West and get land for free or at a very low cost, and start a new life from scratch, in freedom, with hard work. But those days are gone.

So, America is just one big Slave Regime, except for the rich.

Agree or disagree?

• Mark
    Favorite Answer

Disagree. I have worked hard in my career. I make good money. I travel the world. I am not rich, I work hard for what I have. Get to school, get educated. You can get grants, there is help everywhere.

Atheist with Buddhist ties.

It is quite obvious that you haven't the foggiest about true slavery.

You need to do some research on what true slavery was and is

about instead of your uneducated version.

In slavery, for the most part, you receive no pay for your labors.

You did what you were told or you were legally beaten,tortured

and sometimes killed. You could be sold like an animal and separated

from your family members at the masters' whims. The women/girls

could be forced to have sex with any one at any time. There was

no quitting, only escaping with the threat of death if caught.

A work day was whatever you were told it was to be. Since there

were no wages, no lack of time and a half to complain about.

Your version of slavery is an insult to the descendants of the

slaves of this nation and others.

With the unemployment rate as high as it is today there are many people

that would love to just have a job. If you were one of them you could

appreciate the opportunity to have a pay check.

If you don't like working for someone else,you are in the land of free

enterprise.Start a business of your own, then you could show how

you think it should be done. Maybe if you could run a large corporation

with a lot of employees you would find out there is more to running

a successful business than trying to satisfy not only the employees

but your customers also. Find time to be grateful for the positives in

your life because there are plenty of people that would trade places

with you in a heartbeat.

Sorry, Marxism doesn't fit the bill. What you're really getting at are the proletarian and bourgeoisie class, when the two classes don't neatly fit.

According to Marx, the bourgeoisie are wealthy industrialists and the owners of the means of production, the capital. (Equivalent to your imagined "ruling class")

And the proletariat are wage-labors. (equivalent to your laborers)

Save in America, you can be a little bit of both. Wage laborers and invest their savings into a stock market (capital), which would make them neither purely bourgeoisie nor purely proletariat.

Incorrect. We have unions that fight on the behalf of wage laborers

Incorrect. We have worker's unions.

Incorrect.

Incorrect, workers have certain rights and protections.

>a very small percentage of Americans own the companies that the vast majority of Americans are employed by. Even government agencies treat their employees like dirt.

Incorrect. They do not "own" the entire company. They depend on their stockholders, which in turn are made up of anyone that can be wealthy or middle class or even poor with enough savings to invest.

>Democracy in American is an illusion, since the real government in America is all these corporations and all these bosses at these corporations.

We don't live in a democracy, we live in a republic. Democracy is an unstable form of government.

The rest of your rant fails.

Disagree.

1) having an opportunity to work and earn a fair wage does not enslave me. If I want a better wage there are things I can do to improve my odds of getting it... or I can go off and start my own business. That's not slavery, that's choices. If my choices are irresponsible and I end up working at a crappy job I don't like, it is nobody's fault but my own.

2) my employer firing me because I did a bad job, or because he didn't need me anymore doesn't enslave me.

3) most employers don't treat you like dirt... sure some people aren't nice. Then again, some employees just complain because Americans are fairly spoiled and don't like being told what to do. Most of us already have more than we need.

4) most rich people got to where they are and stay there because someone worked hard and made smart choices... and now they spend money, which provides me with a job. It is a very beneficial relationship.

I think some people just don't like work or to take personal responsibility for their lives... they think the world should owe them a living or something instead of thinking what they can do to improve their own situation. Those are the people in my experience who hate the rich and hate the system.

I disagree. The earth is a place where one has always had to put out a big effort just to stay alive. We have to eat, wear clothes for modesty and warmth and to express ourselves, have shelter, and own other stuff. After childhood, no one gives us these things. We have to work for them, whatever system you look at, we have to put out effort that someone will appreciate and give us money or possessions in exchange for our efforts.

In slavery, you are owned by another person and you have to put forth your efforts for them, because they say so. If you don't, you get punished or put to death.

In our society, we are not owned by other people, but no one is going to just give you things because you want them. One way or the other, you have to do something or make something that other people want. They will then give you stuff back. One way or the other.

You may not be getting all the good stuff you want, but you still do get stuff. I notice you have a computer. You are part of a larger society which you depend on to keep you alive. Too bad if you don't like the political system under which you live. Maybe you could move to another country?

• jl

1)t you can change (employer) whenever you want, and,

2) they can't use corporal punishment on you

so grow up and get some skills and you too can be well -employed and in demand.

if you don't like it, feel free to move to north korea, they still have some options for you. otherwise, this is as good as it gets.

remember when your teachers BEGGED you to do well, go to college and get an education? this is why. Now your stuck fighting for jobs that only those willing to do them for the least amount of money are gonna get the jobs. Your fighting in a buyers market. When you have your degree, and a specialty that is in demand, you are in a sellers market and your skills go to the highest bidder. So get back to stocking the shelves, and be happy you got something. There are plenty of folks I'm sure would love your job for the exact same money.

Source(s): . 25 years of employment, changing jobs when I don't think my employer is treating me right. Exactly not like a slave.

Back in the days of slavery, the argument for it was that slaves had better job security than their counterpart "wage slaves" of the north - who, if they failed to find a job, they would starve to death.

Even then, as norther workers, factory jobs would tear off a limb or two, and then you were done.

Sorry for the bad grammar, but I had to link it together in a way that made sense. I don't see the difference with any economic system - the rich make lots of money with little effort, the poor make little money with lots of effort. Feudalism, slavery, capitalism, it doesn't matter.

However, with the new system of education, no matter how poor, allows for advancement. If you really put in the effort, you can make it.

I see your point, but the slavery you describe exists only as long as the employee covets possessions and social standing. Subsistence-level food and shelter can be acquired without a job. If a person in the U.S. wants to reinvent himself, it can be done as long as the person is willing to pay the economic price for the conversion. Only fear keeps people in a working situation that they loath.

On the other hand, faith in Jesus Christ frees a person of worldly bonds.

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." (Galatians 5:1)

I both agree and disagree. Where they can have those symptoms you named off at any moment, it's not everyone that isn't rich. What you're saying is somewhat true, but it's a stereotype. You can't just say that, some and a lot of Americans are really good people. Just because it has a lot of bad scales of population for crime, drugs, alcoholics, doesn't mean they all are. They're just a big population, is all.

Source(s): I didn't read it all, but I think you might have forgotten that a high amount of them are religious. That IS brainwashing.

Lol, not just America, the entire human race are slaves to 'unseen' forces pulling strings behind the veil. Do yo have a religion you follow? If yes, then congrats to being apart of the biggest form of mass mind control yet invented...

Source(s): David Icke