Bad nightmare. Any ideas on the meaning?

I keep having this nightmare and I know not all dreams have a meaning but since I keep having it I'm starting to think it might. It's about this man attacking me and then my best friend - who is a boy - tries to save me but ends up being killed by the man. I've been heartbroken so many times before and I've lost everybody I've become close to somehow so I'm thinking it might be a sign that I'm going to lose him too. Not necessarily a death but some other way. I really hope I'm wrong but if you have any suggestions on the meaning please tell me. Thank you!

Favorite Answer

Not a sign that you're going to lose him but a sign that "you are afraid to lose him." Somewhere deep within you is that sense of insecurity that makes you think that sooner or later he will leave you. The symbolism of the man attacking you is an external event or environment that you believe you will not be able to cope with. What you are afraid of is failing to meet his expectations which will make him leave you.

My suggestion: Be strong in your resolve. Protect yourself first and foremost. Whatever social approval you may be seeking is secondary. Your foremost approach is to believe in yourself regardless of what others may think of you.

I found this:

"To dream about the death of a loved one, suggests that you are lacking a certain aspect or quality that the loved one embodies. Ask yourself what makes this person special or what you like about them. It is that very quality that you are lacking in your own relationship or circumstances. Alternatively, the dream indicates that whatever that person represents has no part in your own life anymore. In particular, to dream about the death of your parents, indicates that you are undergoing a significant change in your waking life. Your relationship with your parents has evolved into a new realm."

I don't think that means you are going to lose him. Maybe you feel like your heartbreaks have taken something from you that you need to fix.

not all dreams have a meaning!sometimes i see dreams like that,nothing to worry about!!!!!!!!!maybe you need to relax.sleep well and don't worry about anything

think of the positive. not the negative!