Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 9 years ago

I've the opportunity to learn ERP, Which best for me Oracle or SAP solutions?,I am JEE developer?

I've the opportunity to learn ERP, Which best for me Oracle or SAP solutions?,I am JEE developer.

I've good financial knowledge, and I'm working in developing for more than 3 years.

1- Is shifting to ERP would add a value to my career?

2- In Which company (SAP, Oracle) I'll benefit my programming and java knowledg

Best Answer

Hi,

SAP is ERP and Oracle is database. If you are interesting in programming then go with either Oracle Developer track or SAP programming. SAP is using ABAP programming language and Oracle is using PL/SQL programming language. Both are best for career.

Important thing is Oracle is biggest company and there are lot of another tracks are available like Oracle Ebusiness Suite is also ERP of Oracle called Oracle EBS or Oracle APPS. There are lot of another resources are available for your future expanding career or switching career. Which are not available with SAP. There is only one way for SAP.

I have 14 years experience in Oracle. As per my suggestion go with Oracle only due to large scope available.

Choice is yours. Wish you all the best.

There are 2 tracks available in Oracle. First track is Oracle Developer (called Oracle application developer too). Second is Oracle DBA (called Oracle database administrator). Both are different because first track is for programming and second track is administration. OCA Oracle certified Associate and OCP Oracle certified Professional exams available for both track.

You should need to decide as per your personal interest. Because if you are liking programming then go with first Oracle Application Developer track. If you are not liking programming then go with Oracle DBA track. OCA is the entry level certification and after that you can become OCP. The last resort is OCM Oracle certified Master.

Choice is yours. Oracle is very vast field and you are in right track of making career and achieve your Goal. Go ahead without hesitation.

Wish you all the best.

Thanks and regards,

Gitesh Trivedi

http://www.dbametrix.com/oracle-dba-tips.html

http://www.kendba.com

• Anus5 years agoReport

thank you sir . i am student of BS ERP and i find the best ERP solution for career. so i finded .i learning ABAP . and also configure SAP

• Core

Where I live, all employers are looking for SAP developers. And the salaries are outrageously high for them. I haven't seen a single job posting that had Oracle down as a req or as a 'would like' for a job candidate.

If I were in your shoes, this would be a no brainer for me... I'd go with SAP.

Sage 300 Online i guess is the best