How to peel sticker off of a guitar?

So I got a guitar today for christmas, however there was a very large sticker on the center of the pick guard. I, LIKE AN IDIOT, decided to try and peel it off, however it was stuck on there pretty hard so I began digging under the edges of the sticker, however, it not only didn't succeed in pulling off the... show more So I got a guitar today for christmas, however there was a very large sticker on the center of the pick guard. I, LIKE AN IDIOT, decided to try and peel it off, however it was stuck on there pretty hard so I began digging under the edges of the sticker, however, it not only didn't succeed in pulling off the sticker, it also scratched and dented the pickguard :/

Now the stickers edge are all ripped and half peeled off and I want to know how I can safely remove the rest of the sticker without damaging the pick guard any further.

Please and thanks! oh and its an Accoustic by Fender if that helps.