Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

B&A: Questions and the ... Yearbook...?

(Sorry for re-post, error with link)

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you're all having a great time with family and friends :D

A few questions then :)

1) Name a book that kept you up for quite a considerable amount of time

2) Name a book you loved as a kid

3) Is the title or cover more likely to affect your judgement of a book?

4) Would you rather meet an author or a character?

5) Which fantasy world do you want to visit?

Okay, I've *finally* published the Yearbook! :D So, Silly Turtle and I would *love* anyone who goes out and takes a look. Copy and paste this in the address bar: ba-community.ucoz.com/forum/4-5-1#7

BQ: How's your X-Mas going?

Thanks! Hope you're having the greatest of times

~ JLT!

Wait! proper link: ba-community.ucoz.com/forum/4-5-1

Favorite Answer

WHOA! Whoa whoa whoa! I got Question of the Year? I feel so honored :3 Thanks to everyone who voted for my question!

And congratulations to everyone else who won an award and who got honorable mention. This finished product, JLT and Silly Turtle, is fantastic! Thanks so much for doing this!

Now for the real questions, haha.

1) Name a book that kept you up for quite a considerable amount of time. Finishing the Chronicles of Narnia, namely The Last Battle, kept me up until 5 in the morning this past summer. Literally the latest I've ever stayed up reading. The sun was coming up and I was going to sleep!

2) Name a book you loved as a kid. So many! Junie B. Jones, The Magic Treehouse, the Animal Ark books! The Magic Treehouse, especially, was one of my favorite series. I LOVED those books!

3) Is the title or cover more likely to affect your judgement of a book? The title. But the cover art has a lot to with my first impressions of the book, too. Yes! I do sort of judge a book by its cover :p But to be fair, the first time I read Howl's Moving Castle (one of my FAVORITE books), it was the old version with this unattractive cover: http://alaskaknits.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/230...

4) Would you rather meet an author or a character? A character! Meeting someone that doesn't really exist? That's an absolute dream!

5) Which fantasy world do you want to visit? Now this is difficult. The world of JK Rowling, Phillip Pullman, Diana Wynne Jones, or JRR Tolkien would be amazing. Any of them. To me, the most believable of them are Rowling and Jones, so I think that because I could see myself in either of these worlds, I'd pick one of them. I just don't know which one!

BQ: Christmas! Great! I got a Harry Potter sticker book (you're so jealous), Tales of Beedle the Bard, Quidditch Through the Ages, and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Among other things, like a new phone which I needed, haha. How is yours? :D

Merry Christmas! (Well, since Christmas is over, I'll just say Happy Holidays! :) )

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! I thought about that book for quite a bit before and after I read it! For all the Harry Potter books, I would end up staying up until late at night trying to finish it.

2) Name a book you loved as a kid

I loved a ton of books/ series! I remember loving Cam Jansen, Junie B. Jones, Walk Two Moons, A Series of Unfortunate Events and Harry Potter of course!

3) Is the title or cover more likely to affect your judgment of a book?

The cover art, I think. I know I shouldn't judge, but I can't help it sometimes. :P. Also, I tend to stay away from the really long titles as well, unless they are recommended to me.

A character! I'd love it if a character from my imagination could come to life! That would be the coolest thing ever! :D

Harry Potter's. Hands down.

BQ: My Christmas was good. How was yours, JLT?

Oh! And I loved the yearbook! The time and effort you and Silly Turtle put into it is incredible! It came out really, really good. Good job guys! :D

• 1) Name a book that kept you up for quite a considerable amount of time

All of the books I read keep me up all night ;)

2) Name a book you loved as a kid

"Along Came a Dog"

The title is more likely to affect my judgment. The title is made up of words (usually) and I consider it part of the literature. Somewhat, anyhow. Not all published authors decide their titles, so I give the book some leeway

I'd rather meet a character! :) I already know a lot of writers and I have met an author in real life. A character would be an interesting change!

I'd like to visit The Demon King's fantasy world! While I didn't totally enjoy the book, I was interested in the world within it.

--Yearbook--

Congratulations, JLT, you've created an amazing and thoughtful book that I'm sure B&A loves hands-down. I've enjoyed helping you with it! Thank you to anyone who takes a look. A round of my applause goes to JLT for making it turn out so impressive.

If you didn't find yourself in the yearbook, I have to apologize, but I think JLT would also agree that this yearbook is in dedication of all of B&A. Without you, the yearbook wouldn't have been possible. Please know that we love you and all of JLT's work was meant to make you happy!

Merry [belated] Christmas! Hope you have a great winter season!

1) Name a book that kept you up for quite a considerable amount of time.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

2) Name a book you loved as a kid.

The BFG and Matilda, both by Roald Dahl.

Both. Sometimes I do judge a book by its title or cover. A good title can draw me in and want me to know more about a book. Also the cover can do much to show what genre the book is, market it is aimed at, etc.

Well, I've met several authors, so I'm picking a character. That would be a new experience. Actually, it wouldn't ... Last year I read an autobiography written by a girl who went to my high school.

Harry Potter/Hogwarts

Narnia

Though quite honestly, I'd rather be able to travel through space and time and have lots of exciting adventures like Doctor Who. (Who is technically a book character, being that there are numerous books based on the TV series.)

PS. I went to the site and downloaded a copy of the Yearbook. Congrats to you, Silly Turtle and everyone else who worked on it on a fantastic effort and a job well done!

• ) Name a book that kept you up for quite a considerable amount of time... "Gone with the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell. Amazing <3 Just watched the movie for the first time tonight; it was also great!

2) Name a book you loved as a kid.... Harry Potter ;D Started reading them in 2nd grade!

3) Is the title or cover more likely to affect your judgement of a book? No, not usually. I try to read the back cover and the first 3 pages before I judge. But if the book doesn't capture my attention in the first 2 pages.... Sayonara!

4) Would you rather meet an author or a character? I would rather meet a character... Authors are just regular people, no offense to anyone on here, but I think it'd be cooler to get to know a character. :]

5) Which fantasy world do you want to visit? NARNIA, definitely. My second choice would be Hogwarts.

I'll check the yearbook out :)

BQ: How's your CHRISTmas going? Great! How is yours?

I'm having a great time! I hope you are too! And hey, thanks for posting such fun questions all of the time! ;)

Source(s): EDIT: I don't see me on there ;(

A lot of books keep me up all night. The moment I become deeply intrigued by a book, I'm up sometimes until I finish the book. Even if that means doing an all nighter.

2) Name a book you loved as a kid

There were two childhood books that made an impact on my imagination as a child, and they are still on my bookshelves. I will even read the two books every now and again.

Hope's Crossing--which was a book from I think a 2nd or 3rd grade book report.

Cleopatra VII from the Royal Diaries---a book that made me obsessed with ancient times, Egypt, and Cleopatra.

I think they both affect me. It's like a dual effect. When I read the title, I also look at the cover.

I would have to say character. Meeting an author is tempting, but I couldn't give up a chance to meet a character.

And yes, I do already have a character in mind.

Manipulative Michel from Companions of the Night.

Besides my own fantasy world's I have created for my stories, I would want to visit the fantasy world from Lord of the Rings. And if I ever could, I'd want to be an elf in that world. The immortality entices me ;)

----------------------------------

So I looked at the yearbook last night. I had to stop at the B&A map (which is hysterical and awesome ~~Silly Turtle). It was late and I was really tired. I just skimmed the rest. But I will be going back to read the rest!

And I just have to say that it is absolutely amazing!

You and Silly Turtle have done a wonderful job :D You both have outdone yourselves.

BQ: My Christmas is going great! I'm in one of the areas where we had 14 inches of snow. We're all snowed in. Sledding will be an option later since I don't have to work today because of the snow.

I hope your Christmas is going great as well :D

Source(s): my 2nd personality Merry Christmas B&A!!
  • Merry Christmas to you, too ^-^

I stuffed myself full of food yesterday, so I'm kind of slow and lethargic today. Let's see how well I go with answering this questions competently.

Hm. Maybe The Fourth Queen. I can't put it down.

2) Name a book you loved as a kid

At the Sign of the Sugared Plum.

It was my all-time favourite novel as a child, and really sparked my interest in renaissance England, as well as the bubonic plague.

The cover. I know they say never judge a book by its cover, but I truly cannot help it.

A character ^-^

I'd have so many questions to ask them.

Middle Earth. I want to see the elves.

YAY YEARBOOK!

I'm going to look at it right now.

cntrl + C

cntrl + T

cntrl + V

This. Is. Awesome.

What can I say JLT, you've outdone yourself. I would SO want to read a Yearbook for 2011. In fact, I can't wait.

:)

OH!

I got honourable mention for Funniest! :D

And I'm on the Most Honest list.

N'aw that's great.

I feel haaaaappy.

Plus those books are just awesome.

You're so cool JLT!

-Memoirs Of A Geisha.it wasn't like anything i'd read before and i'd loved it!

2) Name a book you loved as a kid

Any Dr. Suess Book, particularly the "Bedtime Stories" collection. =]

No, but reviews and hype on the internet and newspapers certainly would.

The author. In most cases the character is just an extension of the author, and the author has the power to expand on the character. I assume if it were possible to meet the character in question, I would already know everything about the character unless the author decided to give me more details. =]

I wouldn't mind popping into the cartoon sequence in Mary Poppins cause those penguins are pretty awesome. I think they were penguins anyway, I havet seen it in about 6 years. =]

I've been reading Emma by Jane Austen since April! It's really dragging at times and i only read a chapter or so when i couldn't sleep at night. I'm just about halfway through.

2) Name a book you loved as a kid

I loved the Anne of Green Gables series when I was eleven

Well, I probably won't even pick it up if it doesn't look good.

Character.

I don't know...I'd rather stay in good ol' Earth

BQ: Great, thanks, though I'm feeling fat because of all the chocolate and brownies.

• Pud

World Famous Muriel by Sue Alexander. I've had it since I was two.

2) Name a book you loved as a kid

^The above and Anne of the Green Gables

Yeah. I unfortunately look at nice covers and titles before I look at the unattractive ones.

CHARACTER!

James Cameron's Avatar, though it's not a book.

BQ: Pretty spiffy, I'd say! Thank you. :)

I'ma look at the Yearbook later, but come back when I do.