How many miles per dollar(mpd) do hydrogen cars get as of now?

For example, my car gets 28mpg highway, so in new york where gas is about $3.25 for me, I get about 8.6mpd highway. Anyway, if anyone out in California is more knowledgeable about hydrogen cars and knows how much it costs to fill one up and the car's range, could you shed some light on the miles per dollar you... show more For example, my car gets 28mpg highway, so in new york where gas is about $3.25 for me, I get about 8.6mpd highway. Anyway, if anyone out in California is more knowledgeable about hydrogen cars and knows how much it costs to fill one up and the car's range, could you shed some light on the miles per dollar you get in a hydrogen car.

The reason I'm asking is because there's a lot of debate over fully electric vs hydrogen cars. In my opinion companies like shell and exxon are pushing hydrogen cars so that they can stay in business. If we move to fully electric cars you plug in at home, then oil companies will not have anything to fall back on once fossils fuels are phased out(or simply run out, whichever comes first).

To downplay fully electric cars, people say that the energy coming from your house is probably fueled by dirty fossil fuels, but to counter this, I say that our whole energy grid should just be solar and wind energy.

I do understand that once hydrogen is produced at a higher quantity and the infrastructure to distribute it grows, it will be cheaper, but i was just wondering where it stands right now.

Anyway, I think the only argument for hydrogen cars is only if it will be cheap enough to produce in order for it to be cheap for commuters to fill their car also.