Differences in readings on different blood glucose monitors?

I was just diagnosed with gestational diabetes 2 days ago so I am really new to all of this. I was at my parents last night for Christmas eve and took my blood sugar 2 hours after dinner, it was 234 which seemed high to my mom so she got my dads meter and tested me on that one and it said 186, I was curious about... show more I was just diagnosed with gestational diabetes 2 days ago so I am really new to all of this. I was at my parents last night for Christmas eve and took my blood sugar 2 hours after dinner, it was 234 which seemed high to my mom so she got my dads meter and tested me on that one and it said 186, I was curious about the different numbers so I got another one of his out and it said 134. Why would three monitors give such different numbers? I would be able to understand a 10-20 point difference but not 100! I have to keep track of these numbers for 1 week and then see my doctor to again so she can look at them and we can discuss if I need insulin.. It seems like with the differences in numbers I could be put on insulin for no reason or at least more then I would need. I tested with mine and one of my dads this morning and the numbers where only 11 points apart. What would have caused a 100 point difference within a 1 to 2 minute time frame? Do you think my meter might be wrong??
Update: Thank you for the well wishes! Mine came with one bottle of the control stuff and I did use it, the numbers where supposed to be between 180 and 230 and it was 194 so it came up within range. That confused me too since it seems like it should have been an exact number and not a range. I will take it with me next... show more Thank you for the well wishes! Mine came with one bottle of the control stuff and I did use it, the numbers where supposed to be between 180 and 230 and it was 194 so it came up within range. That confused me too since it seems like it should have been an exact number and not a range. I will take it with me next week and have them take a look :)