Any good teen romance novels/books to recommend?

Well I just finished reading Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James - excellent book by the way - and read the Twilight Saga before that.

Before any haters or die-hard fans say anything, i'm not hyping up twilight, I just thought i'd give the books - not the films or actors- a shot, and I really liked the writing style that the author used;

It was from the main character, Bella's perspective, and I found it amazingly captivating because of the fact that due to the author writing about her feelings as if WE were actually feeling them, that I couldn't put it down.

I've struggled to find a book to make me feel the same way, but then I found Beautiful Malice and now that I finished that book, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of books that made them feel a similar way - oh, and please no more vampire novels.

Cheers, all you wonderful bookworms out there. :)

Favorite Answer

Hey :)

You might wanna try a few books by Sarah Dessen. She writes about events in teens lives, but not from a crappy perspective-she really makes you think and wonder about life. Her books are very influential and amazing! Just Listen and The Truth about Forever are my favourites :) they are REALLY easy to get into, have a really good plot/storyline and leave you wondering about the characters afterwards, as a good book should. A lot of her books are heavily linked together, which is nice.

heres a list of all her books, in order of publication:

That Summer

Someone Like You

Keeping the Moon

Dreamland

This Lullaby

Just Listen

The Truth About Forever

Lock and Key

Along for the Ride

Enjoy your reading!

Source(s): self-confessed bookworm
  • Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Intertwined (#1) and Unraveled (#2) by Gena Showalter

Shiver (#1) and Linger (#2) by Maggie Stiefvater

Clockwork Angel (#1) (Prequel series to Mortal Instruments) by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones (#1), City of Ashes (#2) and City of Glass (#3) (The Mortal Instruments series) by Cassandra Clare

Hush Hush (#1) and Crescendo (#2) by Becca Fitzpatrick

The Angel Experiment (#1), School’s Out Forever (#2), Saving The World and Other Extreme Sports (#3), The Final Warning (#4), MAX (#5), FANG (#6), ANGEL (#7) [Maximum Ride series by James Patterson]

GONE (#1), HUNGER (#2), LIES (#3), PLAGUE (#4) [GONE series] by Michael Grant

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

13 Days To Midnight by Patrick Carman

For a young adult/teen Meg Cabot's young adult books. She is the best author. Also best selling. She wrote tons of books including the Princess Diaries (Movies based on her books), Mediator (upcoming movie), 1-800-Missing (TV show based on her books), All-American Girl (up coming movie), Jinx, Airhead and more. She has adult books too, so you can grow with her.

If you want more info or any of the authors website's email me.

whatshouldIreadnext (dot) com

This website will make perfect suggestions based on what you have read.

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side. (it sounds corny but its actually really good)

If you liked Stephenie Meyer's writing, read The Host by her. I thought it was a 1000x better than the Twilight series. Def my fav book by her

Eyes like Stars by Lisa Mantchev (I am absolutely in love with this book and its Sequel: Perchance to Dream)

From what I've read,

I would recommend

'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' by Stephen Chbosky

'Spanking Shakespeare' by Jake Wizner

'Catcher in The Rye' by J. D. Salinger

Gallagher series by Ally Carter, is also a good teen/ romance with action.. although its not yet a complete series I think book 4 is already published and Carter is on her way to the 5th and last book.

Try the Hunger Games. It's a three part series by Suzanne Collins. It's got an adventure/fantasy aspect to it and a teen romance in between.

OMG you have to read noghts and crosses by malorie blackman it is one if the greates series of books!!! The second book is knife edge, then checkmate and then double cross is the last book. Great books must read!!!!!!!!!!!