Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Have you done anything to protest the treatment of Pfc Bradley Manning?

Manning has not been indicted or convicted and is being pre-emptively tortured. Further, his treatment is torture under regardless of his status as a prisoner

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_di...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12075094

End the inhumane, degrading conditions of pre-trial confinement and respect Bradley’s human rights. Specifically, lift the “Prevention of Injury (POI) watch order”. This would allow Bradley meaningful physical exercise, uninterrupted sleep during the night, and a release from isolation. We are not asking for “special treatment”. In fact, we are demanding an immediate end to the special treatment.

Quantico Base Commander

Colonel Daniel Choike

3250 Catlin Ave, Quantico VA 22134

+1-703-784-2707 (phone)

Quantico Brig Commanding Officer

CWO4 James Averhart

3247 Elrod Ave, Quantico VA 22134

+1-703-784-4242 (fax)

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Look at the answers you're getting here. Nice, civilized Americans who don't understand their own Constitution, don't care about due process or the rule of law. Kind, gentle Americans who believe that everyone is guilty before being found innocent, and that it's perfectly OK to torture someone who has only been accused of a crime.

• 4 years ago

all of us is immediately held for long classes till their trial somewhat in the event that they are seen a flight threat. yet Manning isn't being held purely because of the fact. He has been charged with a extreme crime and is locked up till his Courts Martial. yet while this actual case has you wrapped around the axle then flow to regulation college, get a diploma in armed forces justice, connect the army as a JAG officer and shelter this chump.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

They call it 23 hour lock down , i would no sooner call and protest a common criminals 23 hour lock down as i would Manning.He wont see the light of day for the next 50 years.You people will abandon him and every 5 years , make some media spectacle trashing the US.

• Randy
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

About the only thing I agree with is when you state: "Specifically, lift the “Prevention of Injury (POI) watch order”.

This would allow him to do the honorable thing like the Japanese used to do when they disgraced themselves. Just lift the POI and leave him a handgun with one bullet in it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Torture? Reported by the bbc as you claim?

Here's a fact.....Pfc Bradley Manning when arrested - "admitted" - also known as "confessed" to have stolen and provided the classified materials to wikileaks. ----> EVEN ANTI TORTURE NETWORK MSNBC reported that.

Common sense always thought that any claim or application to torture was when the person DOESN'T ADMIT or CONFESS. So he says he did it, then he was tortured because he admitted it? Yea sure, ok...alriiiiiighty then.

• 10 years ago

Yes, I protested the excellent treatment this traitor is receiving

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Why would I protest the way they're treating a traitor? If it were up to me, he'd be shown what inhumane treatment really means.

• Sophie
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

I've suggested he get the death penalty for treason like Julius and Ethel Rosenberg did.

• 10 years ago

Why should be support a treasonous person who has sinned against God and Country?

• 10 years ago

Sorry, I don't see anything worthy of protest. Should I?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.