Is it right to sing carols where Jesus is depicted as a small child/baby in mager and not the Jesus who's ?

already adult...God incarnate the one triumphant death conquerer. I don't know if it's just me but most international carols give this not fully accurate depiction as if Jesus was just a baby always defenseless with no divinity...it frustrates me.

Favorite Answer

I echo your sentiments in this regard when it comes to the Christmas celebrations. No great man, who has accomplished all that he has, is then depicted as a child. Name any great man who people consider and tell me if they do this. Obama.. do we see him in a crib? Bill Gates, do we see him in a diaper sleeping?

The Roman Catholics also have the Lord constantly on the Cross, on the Crucifix... and still hanging there in their churches. They do not see that He has resurrected. This also is an incomplete depiction.

I find it interesting that the Lord has asked us to remember Him in a particular way.. and its not as a defenceless baby, who, by the way, was fully God and was worshipped by the Magi, but rather, the Lord has asked us to Remember us when we gather together to break the bread and drink the Wine, to declare with boldness and with a strong heart and spirit, His death, resurrection and all His rich abounding accomplishments and attainments as a God-Man.

Luke 22:19

And He took a loaf and gave thanks, and He broke it and gave it to them, saying, This is My bbody which is being given for you; DO THIS IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME

1 Corinthians 11:25

Similarly also the cup after they had dined, saying, This cup is the new covenant established in My blood; THIS DO, as OFTEN as you drink it, unto the REMEMBRANCE OF ME.

It is good to remember the Lord in all that He has passed through in order to redeem us. But if, as believers, we choose to remember Him in the way that the World chooses to do so, then we are completely Off and need to be checked by the Lord. The world remembers the Lord's birth and has mixed it in with Paganism of the deepest kind. This a sorry mixture that not only lies on the Lord ( insisting that this is His birth day) but it also breaks the Lord heart, because those who confess to be for Him and stand for Him are refusing to pay attention to the roots of this celebration with its paganism.

Satan, I am sure, revels in seeing the Lord depicted as the defenceless baby in the manger. We had added the ' drummer boy' and have mixed up the sequence of events where the shepherd and the wise men are seen together in the manger, when clearly the Word tells us that the wise men visited the Lord at a " house' .. not the manger.

Matthew 2:11

And they came into the house and saw the child with Mary His mother. And falling down, they worshipped Him; and opening their treasures, they offered gifts to Him, gold and frankincense and myrrh.

Yet we embroid sentimental songs, filled with the tradition of men, and have made the Lord be a part of something that has nothing to do with Him. We see that even the saints in the Early Church did not celebrate the Lord's birth as a little baby, but they remembered him steadfastly, day by day, from house to house, as they broke bread, as a FULL GROWN MAN, fully accomplished and crowned with Glory, seated at the Right hand of the Father.

One carol I do enjoy though is Hark the Herald which speaks not of a defenceless baby, but of King born to us.

Source(s): RcV bible

I say yes on one point, that we can sing to Christmas carols to "baby Jesus", Jesus' story is not a myth it is the only thing out there that I can truly depend on to be true. And to get back to the question, yes you can sing to him because He did not become "holy" when He grew up He was born the same all human and all God therefore you can still sing to "baby Jesus." He was defenseless like any other baby but he was, there again, ALL human and ALL God. And now that Jesus is alive and not a baby you're not singing to the picture you are singing to God/Jesus/The Holy Spirit. Like with any other worship you don't just sing the words, you sing to God/Jesus/The Holy Spirit. So in short yes it is ok to sing carols to Jesus depicted as a small baby!

Source(s): the bible, me!
  • ?

Do not let it frustrate you no longer, Words from our Lord Jesus

Luke 18:17 "Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."

• Sue123

I understand your point of frustration. My thoughts are as follows...Jesus was born as a baby, born with the express purpose of pouring His life out in obedience to His Father. His defencelessness as a baby was combined with His divinity. (He was 12 years old when He corrected His mother's anger with Him.) It seems to me that you are over emphasizing His divinity at the expense of His humanity. He is an adult now (never to return to helpless child state)...yet He has never removed His humanity. This is meant to be a comfort to those who follow Him. Hebrews points out that He understands our suffering b/c He was fully human (yet without sin). It is important to see His Divinity and His humanity integrated. When we emphasize one over the other...the picture becomes distorted. Jesus is a complete whole with every aspect in every way. A great mystery requires humility.

Well I sang the songs about it because because it is a celebration of his birth and He is the reason for the world's salvation.

I'm just grateful that for now there is no Barrack Hussein Obama birth hymn. That would annoy me. I just did a google search and mercifully no such song is out there yet.....

For you I guess it's Happy Holidays.

Take care.

• orrell

at first the KKK are actually not real Christians. real Christians do no longer act that way and do issues like that interior the call of Jesus. yet sure i think of Jesus could desire to be depicted closer to what he could desire to have known like. Jesus grow to be no longer a white guy.

you know i agree with you too but christmas opens alot of doors thru the picturing of baby jesus how the world didnt have a place for him and he came to earth in a manger it is an easy way to plant a seed that will end up with salvation thru our lord

Sure why not? The dude must have been a baby once and Christmas is popularly understood as being all about him being born in the manger and all that.

Becuase the whole miracle of the birth of Christ is that He came in such a lowly and humble way, even though He was (and is) God.

Venite Adoremumus Dominum

• :)

there is a lot of things wrong with the way jesus is depicted. and the entire way christmas is celebrated is also wrong. they are all pagan rituals- singing carols, decorating trees. these are what the pagan romans used to do. so why should we be doing them? why doesn't anyone go to church anymore on christmas?