promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

can you gargle with hydrogen peroxide?

I was told to gargle with hydrogen peroxide to get a cleaner mouth I have veneers, will this help

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Dave
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hydrogen Peroxide is nothing but H2O2. The bottle even tells you it's 97% water and 3% H2O2. It's harmless, I wouldn't swallow large quantities as it might upset your stomach but it won't kill you. Gargle, swish, put it on cuts and scratches( it kills anaerobic bacteria), great stuff to keep around the house.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Gargle Hydrogen Peroxide

• 4 years ago

Gargling With Peroxide

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

can you gargle with hydrogen peroxide?

I was told to gargle with hydrogen peroxide to get a cleaner mouth I have veneers, will this help

Source(s): gargle hydrogen peroxide: https://shorturl.im/pHMDX
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

If it is regular over-the-counter hydrogen peroxide, then yes. In fact, there are toothpastes and mouthwashes that have it in it (Listerine Whitening Pre-Rinse is really good if you're scared about straight hydrogen peroxide). It is safe as long as you do not swallow it. If you want to make your smile brighter, I suggest using some baking soda along with the HP. You will be fine. That is what people used to brush with and I have done it tons of times. It definitely helped me clean up my smoker's teeth once I quit.

Source(s): I brush with it when I need to whiten my teeth fairly quickly.
  • Jeanne
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Absolutely, I do it all the time, it removes bacteria nothing else can reach. I also put it in my ears.....w/my head on flat on a towel....when it stops bubbling, and fizzing...I turn my head over and do the other ear, or have my husband do it. Then we do his.....oh, and use a table napkin to dry it out after....you will never have felt such nice clean ears. NEVER put a Q tip in your ear, all it will do is shove the debris in farther....and then you will have a problem. Peroxide is your friend. Use it on cuts and injuries. Good stuff.

• 9 years ago

Considering that Hydrogen Peroxide is more commonly used as BLEACH and peroxide is used for HAIR DYE, then I presume not.

In fact, I advise you not to.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

you can gargol it but i m not sure it will keep your mouth clean but it is good for wene you have a throt ace

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.