Why do these "youngsters" think that Michael Jordan didn't play against good guards & good small forwards?

Look at this list of "wing players,"

Wilkins, Drexler, Payton, Isiah, Cooper, Magic, Bird, Dr J, Grant Hill (prime), Penny Hardaway (Prime), Tim Hardaway, Stockton, Larry Jhonson, Allan Houston, Reggie Miller, Bernard King, Michael Ray, Adrian Dantley, Kevin Johnson, & etc

That looks like some tough competition to me!

Update:

@ Kibby, you must of didn't see this one,

Here--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tXwAhMVb1Y

Youtube thumbnail

Jordan is facing zones & double teams....

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Baller
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I don`t know why they feel that way.

The 90`s had some of the best compition in any era.More than now,or 60-8`s.They had some of the craziest teams to play with,John stockton and karl malone`s jazz.Isiah thomas`s pistons.Reggie millers pacers.Magic`s lakers.Birds heat.The orlando magic.

They just find it hard to believe that some guy is the GOAT and there favorite player is not good as that player.Witch he is,Everyone need a good team,Kobe lebron is chasing one,so why only bash micheal jordan for that and none of the other teams?There being indenial the he isnt good.'

I mean just look at some of this defence he had to play against,hand checking and what now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xJJNUkrdyQ

Youtube thumbnail

it was very phiscal defence back than,20 times harder to score on the defence.

Not only being defended they had to gaurd some of the best players,and hardest to gaurd

tockton, Larry Jhonson, Allan Houston, Reggie Miller, Bernard King, Magic johnson, Adrian Dantley, Kevin Johnson,larry bird:all very hard to gaurd and great scorers

So the COMPITION is severly underated beck in the 90`s for it is harder than now,or before,perhaps the hardest eras of them all,im a youngster,but i understand the facts unlike the rest of the people who dont.

• 3 years ago

MJ organic place is SG. If MJ had performed SF, he might of been a reasonably small SF yet even nonetheless he in all probability wouldof succeeded at it. MJ, like many different great gamers have been very versatile and that they oftentimes went against gamers in different positions. Take Magic to illustrate, altho he's acknowledged as a PG, he realistically grew to become into think to be a SF.

• 9 years ago

It's just that dumb*ss Allen Iverson troll who's posted like 8 anti-Jordan questions in the last half-hour.

• richie
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

And when Jordan tries to drive inside he is met by some of the toughest, most physical, strongest and best defenders then - Olajuwon, Ewing, Robinson, Mutombo, Malone, Kareem, Kemp, Eaton etc etc etc.

Oh, and no hand checking back then. No harm, no foul.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Because they don't know anything. He played against much better actually because the NBA's defense has gone nowhere in modern day which is why it sort of lost interest.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I usually watch MJ videos and I don't see him double teamed. I have always wondered why.

__

LOL in that video the defenders were lame... look at how they let him go by. PLUS, Zone defense will be good for Jordan because all he has to do is "choose" the weak defender.

• 9 years ago

Not all "youngsters" think that. I the era

Michael Jordan played in, was one of, if not the

most competitive era in the history of the

NBA.

Jordan is amazing.

• 9 years ago

Because younsters go Kobe, LeBron, Wade!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

you sure prove me wrong. you stated a good point. now that you name all these great players that jordan dominated. jordan is the greatest player ever..

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

you're forgetting his hardest obstacle

Himself

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.