Why is it that music sucks nowadays?

Okay so

I just realized that besides

-Beyonce's

-Drake's

-Occasionally Rihanna (Rated R era Loud SUCKS)

and

-Trey Songz 's

Music I basically like no music made after 2008

I mean before 2008 pop music was actually good.

But then it kinda started getting techno.I blame Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber......Competition you know?

I think the best time for music in the 00's was 2005-07

The artists I put above had better albums before 2008

Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad

Beyonce-Bday

Drake-Comeback Season

Trey Songz-Trey Day-I Gotta Make It

So whats your opinion?

Best Answer

pop music has sucked since it started, it's a disgrace and an insult that they play it on rhh radio stations

Totally agree, that's why I stopped listening to the radio and started listening to old music and out of the artists you put up here I can only comment on Trey, I've liked him since he 1st came out and I feel like he's so mainstream now I Gotta Make It and Trey Day were Better than Passion Pain and Pleasure and I'm on the fence when it comes to Ready, but the music now isn't as good as it used to be they sign anybody now

• merrie

i'm nevertheless attempting to come across the question in right here. as properly the factor, I purely grew to become 15 right this moment and that i in basic terms pay attention to that stuff while i'm in my sister's automobile. the only band who I even have the finished discography for is Led Zeppelin. I even have a field set of Jimmi Hendrix's stay and unrecorded/recorded song. I hate most of the rap different than Jay Z, and that i'm an avid fan of NWA. the only way you is purely no longer dissatisfied is that in case you purely shot damn mouth and stop giving a damn approximately issues you won't be able to alter. that's what it is and each little thing is open to interpretation. See as quickly as all those issues is long previous, which I doubt would be quickly, the song it is made, even no count if it is mildly first rate, human beings will think of it is genius and the applicable paintings considering that Van Halen. yet heavily you wrote a protracted essay in this subject count yet there's no longer a single question of their, in basic terms a gaggle of question marks interior the incorrect place.

*glompz u*

THANK...GOD!!!

Someone Else!!! I thought that I was the only one to noticed how things were really quickly turning techno, autotoned voices, and how every current song sounds so cheap & shitty, and how only the old songs are what I can listen too. Basically as soon as Rhianna cut her hair it waz like she disregarded all the past music she made and turned a total 180!!

I asked my friend about it, and she says it's because artists nowadays are getting more and more European music producers... or something like that. And that totally makes sense since I left US for a year, came back, and suddenly things sound so...fake.

Source(s): My music-holic friend downstairs

Because everyone is overdoing it and overusing stupid technology for creating music.. If it's music from a computer it's not real music. That why Sean kingston likes to sit his butt on the computer all day creating 'music' for money, without using real instruments LOL jk. If ur tired of it I suggest listening to stuff that's not mainstream... Like bands. I like the rifles, bloc party, silversun pickups, death cab for cutie, muse, metric, coldplay, radiohead, arcade fire, mgmt, modest mouse, animal collective, say hi to your mom, tegan and sara.... Yeah...

In my opinion, I think every artist you've listed makes sh*t music that's not worth the plastic it's burned upon. I can't stand pop music because it's fu*king terrible.

@Nib: You do realize that radiohead, mgmt, and animal collective all use a lot of computer generated sounds in their music? Especially Radiohead and Animal Collective. Also, Modest Mouse and quite a few of the bands you listed are very mainstream.. Not saying they're not good, I love the sh*t out of Modest Mouse, but they are pretty mainstream.

Source(s): My own thinks.

I don't know how you can say this man, Wu put out some albums solo and collabos, no what i mean, that wu massace came out know what i mean? and so did hell razzah, he's an affiliate no what i mean, yeuh.

To me, pop music went downhill since the 90s, so I find your remark a little late.

Pop.... Like the drink? Pop's been good and always will be. I like to drink Dr. Pepper specially.

It might be time for you to start looking outside the mainstream.