Will I have the chance to pledge Alpha Kappa Alpha?

I am interested in becoming a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. I've been to the official website and I understand that students who attend a community college are not permitted to pledge. My question is after I graduated from my school and go on to a four university, will I be able to pledge then?

If so, then thank you Lord, because this is my dream and I would love to be a part of such a great organization. What you Ladies have accomplished truly inspires me and I would love to continue the legacy.

Favorite Answer

YES (emphatically so)! You can join Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. during any year of matriculation at a four-year college/university that confers bachelor's degrees--whether you started as a freshman or transferred from a community college. As you consider your transfer options, once you've settled on which colleges will meet your needs academically, professionally, personally, etc., you may want to find out if your top choices have chapters and the status of those chapters (active, suspended, etc.) since becoming a member as an undergraduate is important to you.

Source(s): I am a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.

GPA is just a beginning step in becoming a woman of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated. We are really big in community service without that there is no point in trying to join. You also have to stand out as far as other activities like SGA or any other clubs.

As long you go to a four year university that has a chapter you can or if you decide to graduate degree.