Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 9 years ago

Question about collection agency court summons?

Its Atlantic Credit and Finance INC. and they are based in Virgina. I live in Ohio, and they got a Ohio lawyer as their representative for court. It about $2500, and was wondering whom would be better to try and work out a deal/payment plan, the company (which I heard usually wants the full payment), or the lawyer acting as the plantiff's attorney?

Trying to avoid going to court, will I have to pay court costs too if they win (which most likely they will)? So would it be more like $3500?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

The lawyer and you need to come up with cash. It is too late for payment plan

Call the collection agency directly - the lawyer has been hired to represent them in the court case, not in the debt collection. Be forewarned, since they have already filed the case, there will be court costs involved, which they will want reimbursed.

• Payton

Yes if they win you always pay. I am sorry. the best way is to call them and work with them and keep trying.