Question about collection agency court summons?

Its Atlantic Credit and Finance INC. and they are based in Virgina. I live in Ohio, and they got a Ohio lawyer as their representative for court. It about $2500, and was wondering whom would be better to try and work out a deal/payment plan, the company (which I heard usually wants the full payment), or the... show more Its Atlantic Credit and Finance INC. and they are based in Virgina. I live in Ohio, and they got a Ohio lawyer as their representative for court. It about $2500, and was wondering whom would be better to try and work out a deal/payment plan, the company (which I heard usually wants the full payment), or the lawyer acting as the plantiff's attorney?

Trying to avoid going to court, will I have to pay court costs too if they win (which most likely they will)? So would it be more like $3500?