What makes the Bears worse than the rest of the playoff contenders in the NFC?

I'm saying this because almost everyone expects them to be one and done in the playoffs because of a few reasons. People keep saying that they have only beat 2 good teams (Eagles, Packers), barely beat bad teams (Lions, Bills), have an easy schedule, and have gotten lucky several times. Has anyone been watching... show more I'm saying this because almost everyone expects them to be one and done in the playoffs because of a few reasons. People keep saying that they have only beat 2 good teams (Eagles, Packers), barely beat bad teams (Lions, Bills), have an easy schedule, and have gotten lucky several times. Has anyone been watching football or what? Lets take a look at the rest of the playoff teams in the NFC who are expected to dominate the Bears in the playoffs, and even some AFC teams.

New York Giants: They are 9-5, they have 2 wins against teams with winning records, and those are against the Bears and the Jaguars. Besides those wins, what makes them so much better than the Bears. They got beat down by the Titans and the Colts and got swept by the Eagles, whom the Bears beat. They also barely beat the Cowboys the first time, barely beat the Lions at home, and got upset by a Cowboys team that was embarrassed by the Packers 45-7 just a weak before.

Philadelphia Eagles: No denying that they're a good team, they've beaten several good teams including the Colts, Jaguars, Giants, and Falcons. But are they flawless? I doubt it, they got beat down by the Titans, lost to the same Redskins team at home that they beat down a few weeks later, barely beat "bad" teams like the Lions, 49ers, and Cowboys. Most importantly, they lost to the Bears, and that too pretty badly. The final score was 31-26, but heading into the third quarter, the Bears led 31-13 before settling down in the 4th quarter and allowing a late rally by Michael Vick including a relatively miraculous touchdown pass from Vick to Brent Celek, who somehow found the ball in between 3 defenders. Still, the Eagles are considered legit Superbowl contenders but the Bears are not?

Green Bay Packers: The Packers are a good football team, and I don't disagree that they likely would have won the division if they were healthy, but part of being a good team is keeping your players healthy. Average teams suffer few injuries each week, but the Packers have too many, and that poses a question as to the durability of the team. Anyway, the Packers have nearly the exact same schedule as the Bears and have caught several breaks as well. They were fortunate to play the Eagles before Michael Vick was settled as their quarterback, they played the Bills before they got Ryan Fitzpatrick and developed spoiler potential, they played the Cowboys and Vikings at their worst, and they barely avoided losing to the Lions at home, winning by 2 points, and the Vikings at home, losing by 4 mainly because of a touchdown pass in the final minute being ruled incomplete. Overall, they didn't win the division and may not even make the playoffs, and even if they do, I don't think they're THAT much better than the Bears.

Falcons and Saints: Alright gonna try to make this short. Both teams are obviously really good and would likely beat the Bears, but there's no way of knowing till they play in the playoffs. Both teams have much easier schedules than the Bears by far, playing only the lowly NFC West, whom even the Lions could likely sweep, the AFC North, with 2 playoff contenders and 2 bad teams, and each other. The Saints only wins against winning teams are against the Steelers and the Buccaneers, the Bucs being nothing more than an average team that has a winning record because of an easy schedule. They lost to Cardinals and Browns, two bad teams, and barely beat the Vikings, 49ers, Panthers, Cowboys, and Bengals, all losing teams. The Falcons have been on a roll, but they too have only have impressive wins against the Ravens, Packers, and Saints. They barely beat the Buccaneers, who are decent but not as good as their record, twice, and also barely beat the Bengals and 49ers. Yeah that wasn't short sorry.

Lets take a look at some AFC teams really quick: Patriots got crushed by the Browns, but other than that have been excellent. The Jets have only beat the Patriots and Steelers, and nearly lost to the Vikings, Broncos, Lions, and Browns. Steelers nearly lost to the Bills and Dolphins and their only impressive wins come against the Ravens and Falcons. Ravens have only beat the Jets, Steelers, and Saints and nearly lost to the Bills and Browns. I could go on but it's a waste of time typing this since I doubt anyone will read this, but I appreciate it if you do.

My point is, if anything, the NFL is just incredibly average this year, meaning anyone has a shot in the playoffs. If you actually did read this, answer my question and tell me what makes the Bears worse than the rest of the playoff teams in the NFC?
Update: Patriots are not in the NFC, the only reason I mentioned that is to show that every team has its flaws. They did very well crush the Bears, but the Bears won't have to play a team as good as the Patriots unless they make it to the Super Bowl.
Update 2: Condense it into 3 sentences? Okay so basically every playoff contender in the NFC has their flaws and the excuses that people make for the Bears being overrated apply to these teams to. If you read it, I explained why other teams have also been relatively average, just like the Bears, and my question is why are... show more Condense it into 3 sentences? Okay so basically every playoff contender in the NFC has their flaws and the excuses that people make for the Bears being overrated apply to these teams to. If you read it, I explained why other teams have also been relatively average, just like the Bears, and my question is why are the Bears still worse.
Update 3: I agree that it's no joke that their offensive line is one of the worst in the NFL, but the fact is that they are still capable of winning games even when their offensive line doesn't perform. And either way, the offensive line has improved from being terrible to slightly below average since the bye week. show more I agree that it's no joke that their offensive line is one of the worst in the NFL, but the fact is that they are still capable of winning games even when their offensive line doesn't perform. And either way, the offensive line has improved from being terrible to slightly below average since the bye week.

Update 4: @Jennifer: Best answer yet, one that I can agree with. I'll agree that I'm definitely concerned if the Bears can handle the pressure once in the playoffs. The next two games will hopefully tell if they are ready.
Update 5: @Sam: Exactly. How many good football teams HAVEN'T nearly lost to the Lions this year? The Lions could easily take on the entire NFC West, they are better than ever this year and I for one am no longer taking them for granted.
Update 6: LOL @ Jake I don't think anyone will ever take someone as biased as you seriously.
Update 7: Seriously? Are you really going to lie now? I remember I heard you pick the Lions to go at least 9-7 thise year. After they beat the Redskins, you claimed that they would take over the NFC North. Every week you claim that the Lions are going to destroy the team they play, and you continue to claim the Bears suck... show more Seriously? Are you really going to lie now? I remember I heard you pick the Lions to go at least 9-7 thise year. After they beat the Redskins, you claimed that they would take over the NFC North. Every week you claim that the Lions are going to destroy the team they play, and you continue to claim the Bears suck using stupid reasons. And it's not just the Lions, its the Giants too. What makes you think the Giants can win the Super Bowl? If you read my paragraph about the Giants, they have been nothing better than an average NFL team as well. Who have they beat? They could barely beat the Bears without taking Jay Cutler out and they barely beat the Jaguars as well. Keep dreaming and being a biased moron. I have always been realistic about the Bears, I picked them to go 8-8 this year.
Update 8: @Sam - Yeah maybe it might have been, but you've at least been more realistic. You've mentioned that the Lions aren't flawless and that there's a reason they've been losing, because they can't play well all four quarters, unlike some of the other Lions fans that do nothing but whine about the Lions losing because... show more @Sam - Yeah maybe it might have been, but you've at least been more realistic. You've mentioned that the Lions aren't flawless and that there's a reason they've been losing, because they can't play well all four quarters, unlike some of the other Lions fans that do nothing but whine about the Lions losing because of the refs. In any case, I'd much rather hear a relatively unbiased and realistic answer from you than someone as delusional as Jake doesn't have the common sense to defend his opinion using facts.