Is flying a confederate flag un-patriot like?

I know the confederate flag represents the South and the stars and stripes and all. I'm not saying its racist, i mean heck, i love it. I live in NC and i will proudly show the flag but I LOVE my country. I'm joining the Army after school and fighting for the US. But my question is, isnt the confederate flag... show more I know the confederate flag represents the South and the stars and stripes and all. I'm not saying its racist, i mean heck, i love it. I live in NC and i will proudly show the flag but I LOVE my country. I'm joining the Army after school and fighting for the US. But my question is, isnt the confederate flag representing the United States? Because when i see the two flown next to each other, i wonder why? Didn't the US flag take the confederates place?
Update: I don't care what the **** you think. If you have nothing to say relating to the question leave.