If the Father God Himself loves us because we love His Son, then how do we show the Son that we love Him?

"for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came out from God. I came forth from the Father, and have come into the world. Again I leave the world and go to the Father. The disciples said to Him, Lo, now You speak plainly and speak no parable.

Now we know that You know all things and do not need that anyone should ask You. By this we believe that You have come forth from God.

Jesus answered them, Do you now believe?" John 16:27-31

"Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him." John 14:23

"He who does not love Me does not keep My Words, and the Word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me." John 14:24

Is there any other way to show God that we truly love Him....if we do not keep His Words, and love Him in the way He has desired?

thank you much,

Much love to you and to all : )

(((Salvaged:))) Awesome!....we love God by keeping and obeying and meditating in His Word day and night...and YES! Loving one another as He has loved us! ': )

All praise be to God for the "Word of His Grace" which is able to build us up AND give us an inheritance in Christ! I love what the Apostle says here:

"And now, brothers, I commend you to God, and to the Word of His grace, which is able to build you up and to give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified." Act 20:32

Best Answer

In the early stage of my Christian walk, I was lost & confused with the bible commandments, That is to love the Lord our God with all of our heart, soul, strength, and mind. And to love our neighbor as ourselves. I was confused how could I do that ? I could not even love myself and my wife this way ! lest God ? - Jesus also said in John 21:17 Jesus asked a third time, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus had asked him three times if he loved him. So he told Jesus, "Lord, you know everything. You know I love you." Jesus replied, "Feed my sheep. -- How do I feed any sheep while I could not even feed myself and my household ?

This is my true life experience on how to walk with the Lord after He saved me in the prison from death penalty: (I hope & pray that other Christian brothers and sisters can benefit from this sharing - Amen)

I kept thinking how much God loves me, I kept remembering His miracles in releasing me from death penalty, freed me from bondage's of drug addictions, and showered me with abundant wealth; thus His Love fills my heart fully & full, until there is no more room left for any hatred nor bitterness in my heart. Everyday, I am enjoying and self-proclaiming the Lord's love on me and my household every minute of the day, and this way makes me automatically be filled with His love, and I want to love God more and more and makes me want to love others as well, esp. my wife and children, and then my neighbors. And above all makes me want to obey all His commandments willingly. This way also will make me never condemn myself even when I fall into sins unintentionally, because I feel loved and worthy, I am the prince and son of the mighty God, and this empowers me to stand up back and walk in boldness with the Lord again.

And the Lord is pleased with what I am doing in this way, this is proven as He blesses me more & more everyday. so abundantly that my peace, joy and wealth overflow that I'm able to bless others too, I am now able to feed His sheep after He blessed me, I love Him because He fist loves me.

The point that I am making, is that it is easy just to say, but it is very hard to truly love God, and others; and it is impossible to obey His commandments willingly; without we first draw in the love of God into our heart, and the only simple way to draw in and feed on the love of God, is by remembering and meditating HIS Love in our heart, and His goodness & mercy in our life. From there, your heart will bloom with love, overwhelm and overflow of love will spring out, into real actions.

God bless you & Shalom,

John M

Source(s): Joh 15:12 Love each other as I have loved you (frist). 1Jn 4:19 We love because he first loved us.
  • Moi

If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15

By praying to God, obeying his commandments and helping the poor

Source(s): Jesus loves you! As a fellow Christian i invite you to join my history, philosophy and religion forum http://www.historum.com

There are other religions that don't obey the commandments of God as mentioned in the bible, but they do believe in the same God and obey him in their own as presented in their books.

First, of course, in believing in Him and then obeying God's Word and to live the life He wants us to live.

We Keep His word, we obey His commandments, we repent of our sins, we become saints. thats how we prove our love to jesus. because our hearts are converted to believe in righteousness

by accepting & living for Jesus & loving the Father

Jesus came to tell us to love thy neighbor as thyself. This means that we are to desire all good for all others, despite their faults and even our own. We are to praise all that is presently good and correct in our own lives. In brief, we are to 'acknowledge all that is of good' in this world. When we praise and bless all that is 'of good' we are automatically praising God and following the message of Jesus.

Source(s): Each person must learn this on their own. Try this formula for a year and then report back what you experience in your own personal life. God knows only good and when your thoughts are placed on only that which is 'of good' you are automatically following 'the ways of God.' This is why Jesus said "My kingdom is not of this world." The word 'kingdom' refers to 'consciousness.' What he was saying was "My consciousness is of not of this world" - it is not the way mankind tends 'to think.'

He doesn't love us just because of that. He loves us as we are his children and he will always love us no matter what happens. If he just loved us for that reason, then he couldn't have loved people who were before jesus as they had never known of him.

• Missy

John 15:15 When, now, they had breakfasted, Jesus said to Simon Peter: “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” He said to him: “Yes, Lord, you know I have affection for you.” He said to him: “Feed my lambs.” 16 Again he said to him, a second time: “Simon son of John, do you love me?” He said to him: “Yes, Lord, you know I have affection for you.” He said to him: “Shepherd my little sheep.” 17 He said to him the third time: “Simon son of John, do you have affection for me?” Peter became grieved that he said to him the third time: “Do you have affection for me?” So he said to him: “Lord, you know all things; you are aware that I have affection for you.” Jesus said to him: “Feed my little sheep. 18 Most truly I say to you, When you were younger, you used to gird yourself and walk about where you wanted. But when you grow old you will stretch out your hands and another [man] will gird you and bear you where you do not wish.” 19 This he said to signify by what sort of death he would glorify God. So, when he had said this, he said to him: “Continue following me

Source(s): the bible