Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Other - Europe · 1 decade ago

Is Prague (Czech Republic) a gay-friendly city?

Are there gay nightclubs or bars or anything there?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, Czech Republic and especially Prague is very gay friendly. It is not big deal and no deal breaker. Czech people are not interested in anyone sexuality and as long you keep it for yourself, nobody cares. Best dance club is Valentino in Vinohradska street. It is huge and extremely popular among all classes of people even straight ones, since it offer one the best music in Prague.

--

Tartu222 you are babbling nonsense. Czech Republic was never part of Soviet Union and homosexuality was decriminalized in Czechoslovakia in 1962. Civil unions for same-sex couple are norm and not big deal to anyone. This is not Estonia.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Prague is among the cities worth-visit and to achieve that you can start preparing your holiday with hotelbye . Beginning with the charming place round the Prague Castle or the Strahov monastery with its remarkable selection and end with …the complete outstanding town, Prague is just incredible. In Prague you can also visit the small house wherever Franz Kafka labored or the beautiful Prague Castle gardens from where you could have a unique see of the city with its picturesque red roofs. In this town you will never get bored. If you should go throughout the spring you will find the spring trees in blossom; in the summer you might find extended dusks; fall will give you vibrant leaves and specific light and in the winter you will enjoy the whole city protected with innocent white snow.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, I think Prague is a gay friendly city in general. There's a lot of gay clubs and gay associations.

Tartu222, The Czech republic was NEVER part of the Soviet Union, It's totally different culture and as far as I know gays have no rights in Russia.

Source(s): I'm Czech
  • 1 decade ago

There are gay clubs, but homosexuality, while tolerated by the government, is not so accepted by everyday Czechs--nor in many countries of the former Soviet Union. You'll find people and places in Prague, but don't think it's super cool to be open about it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I knew a gay guy who got stoned to death in prague. i wouldnt reccomend it.. You'd fit in better at rehoboth beach

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.