RHH : Buy or Sell , Masta Ace > Mos Def?

BQ : Which will be a better comparison

Black on Both sides vs Disposable Arts or Black on Both sides vs A Long Hot Summer

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Masta Ace for me, but not by much... Buy.

You have to take his consistency into account, not to mention his legendary work with Juice Crew back in the late 80s...

He's an incredibly skilled, influential rapper aswell, in the vein of Guru in that he's an intelligent and sophisticated mc, who tends to avoid the more immature aspects of the game.

That being said, I actually think that Black On Both Sides is a better album than anything in Ace's discography and Mos Def has an unmatched intensity on his day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EsGwLFchRg

Mos Def's an integral mc to NY aswell. He was a crucial part of a second wave of alternative rap in the mid-late 90s when considering his work as Blackstarr with Talib Kweli... he helped make the genre viable to mainstream recognition again.

BQ: Probably the first one

Black On Both Sides vs Take A Look Around would be a better comparison for me though - as far as I'm concerned their debut's are their best...

I'll buy that, Masta Ace has been in or around my top 10 for years. I rate Mos Def but Masta Ace's verses are tight.

Black On Both Sides & Long Hot Summer are fairly even matched for me. Disposable Arts was better than both of them. Ackowledge is a great diss track!

masta ace would be in my top 10 if i had one, so i go with him

@s perrota, u could say something i totally disagree, but u would have a bullet proof answer/argument, best answer 4 u.

• Joe

buy masta ace is good as hell

uhm sell and this is not close