Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

RHH : Buy or Sell , Masta Ace > Mos Def?

BQ : Which will be a better comparison

Black on Both sides vs Disposable Arts or Black on Both sides vs A Long Hot Summer

5 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Masta Ace for me, but not by much... Buy.

You have to take his consistency into account, not to mention his legendary work with Juice Crew back in the late 80s...

He's an incredibly skilled, influential rapper aswell, in the vein of Guru in that he's an intelligent and sophisticated mc, who tends to avoid the more immature aspects of the game.

That being said, I actually think that Black On Both Sides is a better album than anything in Ace's discography and Mos Def has an unmatched intensity on his day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EsGwLFchRg

Mos Def's an integral mc to NY aswell. He was a crucial part of a second wave of alternative rap in the mid-late 90s when considering his work as Blackstarr with Talib Kweli... he helped make the genre viable to mainstream recognition again.

BQ: Probably the first one

Black On Both Sides vs Take A Look Around would be a better comparison for me though - as far as I'm concerned their debut's are their best...

• 1 decade ago

I'll buy that, Masta Ace has been in or around my top 10 for years. I rate Mos Def but Masta Ace's verses are tight.

Black On Both Sides & Long Hot Summer are fairly even matched for me. Disposable Arts was better than both of them. Ackowledge is a great diss track!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

masta ace would be in my top 10 if i had one, so i go with him

@s perrota, u could say something i totally disagree, but u would have a bullet proof answer/argument, best answer 4 u.

• Joe
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

buy masta ace is good as hell

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

uhm sell and this is not close

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.