What's the quickest way to elevate Vitamin D levels?

After two years of debilitating widely diffused chronic pain and being confined to a wheelchair, I have finally been diagnosed for Osteomalacia, a disease that is caused by severe long term Vitamin D deficiency. I have also put on a lot of weight, due to non-movement and the vitamin D deficiency. Two months ago,... show more After two years of debilitating widely diffused chronic pain and being confined to a wheelchair, I have finally been diagnosed for Osteomalacia, a disease that is caused by severe long term Vitamin D deficiency. I have also put on a lot of weight, due to non-movement and the vitamin D deficiency.

Two months ago, I was administered an oral dose of Sterogyl 600,000 iu. I was tested two weeks ago, and my level had gone up a little bit to 5 nmol/L. I was then injected with another dose of Sterogyl 600,000 iu.

I live in France, and came to Australia a week ago to spend time with my family.
So far, I've been soaking up the sun for approx 30 mins a day with my arms, legs and face exposed with no sunscreen. I've also been taking 4000 iu of vegetarian vitamin D .

However, going online I've discovered that there are two different types of Vitamin D- D2 and D3...

I'm a little concerned, as it seems that D3 is more effective? The Sterogyl that I was injected with is D2.
I want to get well and out of this wheelchair, and the doctors really don't seem to know alot about Vitamin D!!
I'm begging anyone who has recovered or who knows a bit about the subject, to please help me put me on the right track.
I'm not expecting an overnight miracle, but I would like to be confidant that what I'm doing is the most efficient and prompt method of getting well.

I'm very very motivated and prepared to do whatever it takes to get better. Cod liver oil included!!!

Thankyou so much in advance - at the moment I feel so lost!!!!