How soon will Republicans start beating the drums of war against Iran?

For the past few years, we have been hearing the whispers of the conservatives for war against Iran, based on their nuclear ambitions. But, examine: Under Republican leadership in the Congress and White House, we eliminated their most intimidating regional power (Iraq), for reasons not yet explained. Under... show more For the past few years, we have been hearing the whispers of the conservatives for war against Iran, based on their nuclear ambitions. But, examine:

Under Republican leadership in the Congress and White House, we eliminated their most intimidating regional power (Iraq), for reasons not yet explained. Under Bush, Iran's nuclear program was allowed to flourish. They developed nuclear weapons technology with impunity, while we chased "aluminum tubes" in the sands of Iraq. During that time, while our military hands were tied in Iraq, the Russians moved in to assist their nuclear ambitions, by providing nuclear fuel for their reactors

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4...

Now, Republicans want to dismiss the negotiated START treaty, which would allow for American inspectors to ensure that Russian nuclear weapons are disposed of, instead of being sold or given to Iran.

It smells like a conspiracy worthy of a Glenn Beck expose, but of course, that will never happen.

So my question is, for whom do the Republicans work? Seems to me a bit convenient that they would trust and allow the Russians so much latitude in helping "contain" the Iranian nuclear problem, yet when push comes to shove, they want to deny America the ability to fully inspect Russian nuke sites, while KNOWING the relationship between Russia and Iran.

Without START, we cannot be assured that Russia is not transferring nuclear weapons to Iran. Yet Republicans want to block it.

Hmmmmm?

I would think all other arguments would be secondary to this concern.

All opinions welcomed.
Update: @Obamalies: And I love how you completely ignored the point of my question, deflected the issue, and left out that those missiles don't have a 5000 mile range so they couldn't reach America anyway; and if they did, who would Republicans blame?? IRAN - who they enabled in the first place.