Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Dear Christian brothers and sisters, do you see yourselves needing more of ....?

the Holy Spirit? The baptism of the Holy Spirit gives us more boldness to witness, etc.

See John 1:33, Acts 1:5, 8, 2:4, 11:16, 19:1-6.

Luke 11:13

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?"

Acts 11:16

"And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say, 'John baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'"

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The baptism of the Holy Spirit requires getting closer to God ~ much closer ~ which challenges us to grow daily in obedience to Jesus and have the power of His Holy Spirit in our lives.

Hungering and thirsting after righteousness is where the Holy Spirit’s power in our life begins.

Continuing in repentance, that is, readily agreeing with any of the Spirit’s convictions and confessing revealed sin, helps us grow closer to God. Sin in our life will block or minimize the Spirit’s fullness constantly. Wait on Him to reveal - pray for Him to expose anything and everything you may have missed so far - as an ongoing, daily, moment-by-moment life-habit. When you feel sure you have done that as completely as possible, next develop a willing, obedient attitude of, “I will do whatever You ask Jesus, lead me in the truth of Your Word.” Total abandonment to His Will for our life and His Word is so simple, yet another point most people fail. Finally, just ask! Most people do this but not the repentance and obedience parts. They receive the Holy Spirit in their life, as we all do at the point when we first repent and trust in Jesus’ sacrifice (everyone receives the Holy Spirit at that point because He is the seal, or guarantee, of our inheritance) but they don’t pursue more of the fullness, power and presence of God the Holy Spirit in their life.

I highly recommend R.A. Torrey’s little book, The Baptism of the Holy Spirit. It is excellent on this subject. You can view a free .pdf file of it at www.ratorrey.webs.com/30241-h.html#toc39 .

Getting closer to God is something He WANTS you to do. He will help you do this! Know it is fully in God’s will for you. Ask. You will receive.

The same way you receive the Spirit’s power and presence; however, is also the same way you lose it: unrepented sin and disobedience. Keep seeking the closer walk every day. Welcome to the struggle!

In God's Word, be sure to read the verses ~

Luke 24:49; Luke 24:8; John 14:24-26; John 1:33; John 2:22; John 14:16; Jeremiah 17:9-10; Psalm 139:23-24; Psalm 17:3; www.GodsLoveProven.com

• 1 decade ago

Myself I feel I can never get enough, yet I know He always gives me more than I need. Even Jesus though felt at times He needed time with the Father and prayed to replenish and strengthen His Spirit. When Christ was walking through the crowd, and the woman with the blood flow touched the edge of His cloak He felt power go out of Him, and said so. Like Him, we are given power by the Holy Spirit, and when we use it as we should can feel that power flow from us. When we don't use it as we should it is taken from us.

Matt 25:29 To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.

(New Living Translation)

So, yes not only should we see the need for it, but should go to Him and ask for the refilling of it. If we have depleted that power by doing His work He will grant us that favor. If not we may not get all we want until He sees how faithful we will be with it, if we are not He will take it away.

• 1 decade ago

yes

we are baptized with the holy spirit at salvation

do not confuse that with what the Pentecostal's teach that is not what the scriptures teach

once saved the holy spirit lives in us

we can not witness or do any thing for god with out the holy spirit

KJV: Ephesians 1:13. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

once saved we are given the holy spirit and it lives in us

it is the earnest or down payment to hold us to god until god returns to rapture us

that is why god says our bodies are the temple of god

KJV: I Corinthians Chapter 3

[16] Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

[17] If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

• The very next verse, Luke 11:14, implies that people who cannot speak are possessed with devils.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i see jesus everywhere in nature and people and i experience the holy spirit in praying sermons and especially in music

Source(s): do i need more?
  • 1 decade ago

Pffftttt....yeah right.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.