Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

dental malpractice leaving medicated gauze in for over a month?

i went on november 1st 2010 to get my two top wisdom teeth and my bottom right lower wisdom tooth surgically removed i went to my dentist a week later to have my lower right one packed because it didn't clot right and i almost had dry socket. The dentist packed it with medicated gauze or packing and i was to come back in a couple days this was on friday. I went back on mo dayy to a different dentist to have the gauze removed the dentist dug around for a while andcouldn'tt find it. He said i must of swallowed it. Ididn'tt think nothing of it itdidn'tt hurt or anything.Justs felt a littleuncomfortablee. well i went back in on the 15th of December 2010 because i noticed something white in my extraction site to me it looked like the packing so i made an appointment to have it looked at well i went back to the same dentist that said hecouldn'tt find it myaptointment was at like 9:05 am i got in right on time the dentist came in looked in my mouth asked me if i had been smoking i said yeah iv had a couple well he didnt even take notice to the white clump hanging out of my extraction site he jus said i needed to give it another week and to stop smoking i wasnt in the chair 6 minuets and he said have a good day theres nothing to be worried about its normal give it another week. well on 12-20-10 i went into the emergency room cause i havent been feeling good need to say they pulled out the medicated packing thats been there for over a month and a half... it was seriously infected so they put me on amoxicillin the doctor said right out something like this can cause infection in my blood and can cause heart mermors can i sue for malpractice?

Never See Dentist Again : http://dentalbook.uzaev.com/?reLT

Most dentists will settle outside of court because they don't want to waste their time in court. Hire a lawyer and see what happens. Make sure you have all your ducks in a row.