Could you help me with my novel idea?

Here's what the novel is about. The story is about the daughter of a con-woman. She is 19 years old and her mother has decided that she's too old for the job, so she gets Jasmine to do it instead. The story starts when Jasmine chooses her third victim. Her mum hates men and brought Jasmine up to think... show more Here's what the novel is about.

The story is about the daughter of a con-woman. She is 19 years old and her mother has decided that she's too old for the job, so she gets Jasmine to do it instead. The story starts when Jasmine chooses her third victim. Her mum hates men and brought Jasmine up to think that they don't care about anybody but themselves.

I know that there has to be a reason why her mother is like she is, so I thought I'd plan out what happened to her in the past.

Heather Stephanie Parker was once happily married to Joseph Howard Parker and they both had a daughter called Jasmine. To everybody they were the perfect family but it was different behind closed doors. Joseph used to beat Heather black and blue in front of Jasmine who was a baby and too young to know something was wrong. One day things got out of hand and Joseph raped Heather while Jasmine was asleep in her nursery next door. Heather finally had enough, grabbed Jasmine and went on the run. She found somebody who helped her get both her and Jasmine new identities. Because of how she was treated, Heather lost trust in men and wanted to hurt as many men as possible. She seduced them, got them to fall in love with her and stole their most personal possession and then sold them on. Once she sold them on she changed her name then her and Jasmine moved away. As Jasmine grew up she thought it was a game and was happy to play along, but when she turned 16 she began to question her lifestyle. She was forced in to the same lifestyle as her mother, but because her mother was aging, she gets Jasmine to do all the work. So when Jasmine turned 16, every year she had to get a guy to fall in love with her, steal something, sell it on and then change her identity. She did it for three years and she got better at doing it every year. She is now 19 and is ready to choose her third victim. This is where the story starts.

I asked this earlier so I apologize for the re-post. I have now added a few details but I'm not sure whether to add them yet.

After Heather left Joseph and changed her identity, she met another man and moved in with him. She thought he was the perfect boyfriend but he started to abuse her just like Joseph did and she stayed with the man for 5 years, until Jasmine was 5 years old. Jasmine witnessed the abuse, which is why she also doesn't trust men.

I'm sorry about it being all over the place. I would like to remind you that this is NOT what happens in the story, it happened years before the story starts.
Update: @David Wilde: That's a bit rude. Oh well, I'll live.
Update 2: @Spikerchick - I really appreciate your answer, so thank you :)
Update 3: @Scotty - I like the idea about an affair.
Update 4: I should have actually put 'could you please give your opinions?'