What do you do if someone aims a gun at you?

Lets assume hes just a mugger.

Is this situation reversible such that I overtake him and don't get mugged?

If a man pulls a gun on me and I am 7 feet away from him what are my options?

If I angle my body to the side is that reasonable (protect my heart)?

What kind of counter measures could I bring with me in-case such a thing happens?

Favorite Answer

No offense, but turning your body to protect your heart is silly.

I am a competition shooter. I also have my Texas Concealed Handgun License and carry either a .45 caliber Sig Sauer or a slim 9mm where ever I go. They are loaded with Hornady Critical Defense hollow points to cause maximum trauma and kill any assailant quickly, whether he turns his body or not. The only thing that will stop a bullet is a bullet proof vest with a trauma plate.

http://www.hornady.com/store/45-ACP-185-gr-Critica...

If you are not practiced and prepared to defend yourself with deadly force when someone threatens your life, then you must be prepared to be a victim. Surrender everything. Give them whatever they want and hope they do you no harm. Some guys just shoot you anyhow. You can see it over and over in robbery videos on YouTube. Do what they say and give what they want. Even still, many guys get pissed and shoot you because you don't have enough to steal.

... or, Always be aware of what is occurring around you. Never allow an assailant to get within 7 feet of you. Constantly scan your peripheral vision and watch for suspicious behavior. If someone starts to pull a gun, knife, or other deadly weapon, kill him swiftly and accurately. Practice at the gun range until it is second nature to you.

I practice regularly because I refuse to be a victim of a criminal. I do not believe prisons rehabilitate criminals. Prisons only produce repeat offenders. I believe guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens do a good job of rehabilitating criminals. I am like Ted Nugent. I do not believe in repeat offenders. I only believe in DEAD offenders.

Texas has 7 guns for every man, woman, and child in the state. Terrorists do not come to Texas. We killed Kennedy. We'll kill terrorists too. Texas honors the 2nd Amendment right of citizens to bear arms. The 2nd Amendment is the Original Homeland Security.

.

say go head i have 5 kids no job go a head see what you can find on me ..

or say hold on my husband / wife's calling they get bitchy if i dont answer then pick up the phone while its on your ear trick and call 911 say your location pretend and maybe he'll be dumb enough to wait lol..

or if you dont have nothing on you just had it to him an proceed to walk away.

Throw your wallet/cell to the ground and run in a zig-zag until you find a cop.

Best thing to do is like it or not beg for mercy.

Put your hands in the air, wait until it's quiet and then fart...

give him what he wants. are u stupid?if he is 7 feet away and u react he would kill you...

yell as loud as you can while waving your arms above your head. your assailant will die laughing.

Aim back.