Why are cologne/perfume commercials so irrelevant and stupid?

I've seen three cologne/perfume commercials in the last hour while watching Back to the Future II, and they are all stupid.

Favorite Answer

They have 30 seconds or less to create entire fantasy world for the viewer.

Perfume is a habit purchase

Once a fragrance is set in the buyers mind they tend to make repeat purchases.

So, with 30 seconds or less, create an image to associate with your product, make it unforgettable and tell the viewer the price point, the general mood, and make an emotional connection to both men and women.

That's a lot of messages quick.

• Riley

I know right! In fact a Polo RL cologne commercial just went off. It didn't entice me to buy the product at all. Just a guy driving a boat...okay. I only think about buying cologne when I'm at a store and can actually smell it. They can't convey the smell through the TV so what's the point?

Yeah, there are a lot of commercials, music videos that has no meaning. but it's all a game, it's to engage the audience to buy a product. Society is manipulative....among others things.

I'm not a cologne/perfume marketer so I wouldn't know.

if u think THOSE are stupid, check out those viagra commercials

• Hugo!

Source(s): it's just a perfumr,the rest is up to you! :P

im not sure, but some of them are sooo funny. i love the old spice one

maybe turn off the tv. not that i can talk.