Does anyone else think that Lars Ulrich's drumming is getting worse and worse?

I am an avid Metallica fan, I buy everything they release (imports, rare shi!t, ultra obscure stuff) and to me if you compare him in the mid 80s then the mid 90s and now he has ben been progressively getting worse and worse...shouldn't it be the other way round?? Being a drummer myself it is really quite... show more I am an avid Metallica fan, I buy everything they release (imports, rare shi!t, ultra obscure stuff) and to me if you compare him in the mid 80s then the mid 90s and now he has ben been progressively getting worse and worse...shouldn't it be the other way round?? Being a drummer myself it is really quite disappointing. It is like he doesn't care anymore about the groove of the song anymore and just plays simplistic rolls at the end of every single phrase...!

Oh and if you do answer this question, I am not interested in your opinion of Metallica ("They suck now" , "Megadeth are better" - YAWN!) I just want to know what you think about Ulrich's drumming.

Thanks.