A USA Congress working together for the good of the country...will we get it for a Christmas present?

What I want for Christmas this year is those politicians to quit voting for the folks who stuff their pockets with bribes to vote for special interest groups.....and start working together like a team in a successful company for the good of our country.

What do you think the chances are that we will all get this as the most wonderful Christmas gift of all?

@ John.....I always respect your opinions on things....but I have to tell you that if a military general winds up in the White House....I am going to Australia.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

After the delay to extend the tax cuts and unemployment benefits? I doubt it. You have two members like Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell whose egos are bigger than the budget and deficit combined.Then on the House side you have a Speaker who cries at the smallest provocation.

I just pray that the Lord returns quickly as I do not see any future for the United States with this so called leadership.

Where are the Eisenhowers when you need them?

I feel like a miracle has already been accomplished: Don't Ask, Don't Tell was abolished for all time, and about time. I couldn't believe that this had finally happened, that common sense had finally prevailed in the halls of Congress. Of course, it may take as much as a year to implement, and gay soldiers are encouraged NOT to come out yet, but it's just a matter of time now. Bless their hearts, they won't have to lie and can stand proudly among their fellow comrades-in-arms.

What are the chances? I think it is fitting that the phrase, " A snowball's chance in the he**, comes to mind.

The most wonderful gift of all was given to mankind, the Lord.

You hit the nail-on-the-head John. What a wonderful gift that woudl be.

"Working together for the good of the country" ? I doubt it, but lets give them a cookie anyway.

• Holly

I think they've got something up their sleeves. It should be an interesting couple of years....I'm getting a headache.