Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

A USA Congress working together for the good of the country...will we get it for a Christmas present?

What I want for Christmas this year is those politicians to quit voting for the folks who stuff their pockets with bribes to vote for special interest groups.....and start working together like a team in a successful company for the good of our country.

What do you think the chances are that we will all get this as the most wonderful Christmas gift of all?

Update:

@ John.....I always respect your opinions on things....but I have to tell you that if a military general winds up in the White House....I am going to Australia.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

After the delay to extend the tax cuts and unemployment benefits? I doubt it. You have two members like Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell whose egos are bigger than the budget and deficit combined.Then on the House side you have a Speaker who cries at the smallest provocation.

I just pray that the Lord returns quickly as I do not see any future for the United States with this so called leadership.

Where are the Eisenhowers when you need them?

• 1 decade ago

I feel like a miracle has already been accomplished: Don't Ask, Don't Tell was abolished for all time, and about time. I couldn't believe that this had finally happened, that common sense had finally prevailed in the halls of Congress. Of course, it may take as much as a year to implement, and gay soldiers are encouraged NOT to come out yet, but it's just a matter of time now. Bless their hearts, they won't have to lie and can stand proudly among their fellow comrades-in-arms.

• 1 decade ago

What are the chances? I think it is fitting that the phrase, " A snowball's chance in the he**, comes to mind.

The most wonderful gift of all was given to mankind, the Lord.

• 1 decade ago

You hit the nail-on-the-head John. What a wonderful gift that woudl be.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

"Working together for the good of the country" ? I doubt it, but lets give them a cookie anyway.

• Holly
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I think they've got something up their sleeves. It should be an interesting couple of years....I'm getting a headache.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.