Is the Big Three Overrated?

Pretty much, that's the Question... is Naruto, Bleach and One Piece overrated? Can you perhaps suggest another anime who's really super good but is well, underrated.. like Blood+, I think it has a really good story, nice ending, I really cried because of the ending.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Bleach: It's not really overrated, I can see how people say the storyline is epic and the action is great so I do see why it gets its good rating. Lately the Aizen Arc is slowly getting more and more awesome with Ichigo about to start training to learn the "Final Getsuga Tenshou"

Naruto: Out of the three Naruto is definitely the most overrated of the 3 its soo boring and the characters are rather dull and one dimensional. I've watched all of Naruto and most of Naruto Shippuden and I regret it. The story isnt that great either with Naruto and Sasuke always being recycled and the fillers in Shippuden are a real pain, I'm definitely thinking about not bothering to watch Naruto anymore due to the patheticness of it. Very Overrated

One Piece: Probably the best out of the three, its always entertaining and the storyline is very epic. The Whitebeard War arc at the moment is awesome, the fight scenes are cool and the characters are my favorite out of the three. It hilarious too a nice balance of everything and Luffy's Straw Hat is cool. One Piece probably has the best soundtrack of the three aswell with Bleach coming a close second. Definitely not overrated.

Another anime thats is super good but not as popular as the big three is probably "She the Ultimate Weapon" that anime is really good and the ending is really sad and moving. Definitely worth watching.

I wouldn't say overrated. If there an anime that is overrated it would have to be Dragonball Z. I mean people gloat on how it the best anime ever and no anime will ever surpass it. I like Dragonball Z and all but the fanboys can be stupid.

Bleach has a great storyline, and not overrated at all, but it not underrated either. Naruto I agree with tho but One Piece and Bleach no.

animes that I liked that are were good but underrated are Basilisk, Big O, CANAAN, Devil May Cry, Phantom: Requiem For The Phantom, Aika: Zero(as well as rest of Aika series), Neo Angelique Abyss, Sekirei, Kurozuka, Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho, Tengo Tenje, and Rosario+Vampire.

• L

I believe Bleach became overrated after the rescue rukia arc... especially with aizen this aizen that. It now has become interesting though. I honestly thought it should have ended after aizen got captured. I got Kubo'ed. :(

Naruto's pretty overrated IMO. it has become a lot boring for the last few years. The story progresses too slow, way too slow.

One piece is IMO not overrated at all. Is a great and wonderful saga. I haven't been bored with it (well maybe I became a biiiiiiiiiit bored with the thriller bark arc... just a tiny bit...) with it's 10 years of running. Oda is a magnificent storyteller.

The term "massive 3" is overvalued. What classifies as a huge 3? Miami has one, however the Thunder have 3 gamers greater helpful than Chris Bosh. So do the Lakers, Knicks (with Melo, Amare, and Tyson Chandler), Bulls (Rose, Deng, Noah), Hawks (Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Al Horford), and Memphis (Gasol, Randolph, and gay). a number of those communities are championship high quality, a number of them are not. It in basic terms relies upon who the gamers are, the two the massive 3 adult men and the adult men around them. Miami is a championship contender because of the fact LeBron is the suited participant on earth and Wade is likewise an elite participant. The Thunder are contenders because of the fact they have a great style of appropriate gamers outdoors their massive 3 like Ibaka, Perkins, Sefolosha, and Collison. It helps that a great style of those adult men can impact the interest without scoring, which suits nicely with their scoring massive 3. The Knicks have a very gifted massive 3, yet they are actually not contenders like Miami because of the fact they have not got the suited participant on earth, and that they have not got the main suitable mix of gamers outdoors the massive 3.

Yep, those are overrated, especially Naruto. What about:

Macross (goin' old school!)

Full Metal Alchemist

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Cowboy Bebop

YuYu Hakusho

Ruroni Kenshin

Death Note

Code Geass

Ghost In the Shell:Standalone Complex

Trigun

ALL are better than Naruto, Bleach and One Piece

Plus, don't forget the totally insane...

Excel Saga

the love all three of those, although i can easily see the downsides

examples being---

bleach, ichigo has recently been getting his *** handed to him untill his fight with grimmjaw in hueco mundo, and hes only won decent fights when his hollow form kicks in wich is pretty lame

naruto, similar to bleach the series starts of with naruto relying on the nine tails chakra, i dont know what it is i hate about the main characters relying on something else, i likes baddass main guys but i forgot that once i found out that it takes alot of power to maintain the nine tails seal so that means naruto is baddass anyway

one piece, naaaah nothing wrong with it, my favourite anime hands down

thats it, other anime i watch are soul eater, d gray man, death note, fullmeta alchemist and elfen lied

Try romance/love animes pretty much of that is underrated I think ._.

no probably not ^^" well since you said Blood+ how about Soul Eater or Shakugan no Shana the main character is a girl too carrying a scythe and other one is carrying a sword

Hope it helps!

Happy watching~

• L

uh, yeah, that's why they're called the big three. otherwise, no one would care enough to attach a title to em. but being overrate doesn't they ain't good anymore. i love bleach and naruto, they're 2 of the best!

hm, series i think that are kinda underrated are shonen onmyouji, kekkaishi, bakuman, hakuouki, etc...i don't hear people talk about em as often as other series...

Naruto and One Piece are definately overrated in my opinion, but Bleach is definately not overrated and has an EPIC story line.

• Hisaki

It is not overrated. The rate for those three is high because there are a lot of people who like those tittle.

Also we can't say that underated anime is no good. It's basically depend on each interest.

Jyuu Oh Sei, Last Exile, Innocent Venus, Texhnolyze, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Kiba are good in my opinion although it's not widely known.