Is it possible to become a partial vegetarian?

For example, only eating KFC?

For your information, I am Japanese. Not that it matters, but I do love me some purple koolaid and watermelon.

• Favorite Answer

Can you be a little bit pregnant?

Vegetarian is an either/or thing: You are or you aren't. If you eat animals' flesh, you aren't. If you abstain from animals' flesh, you are. Since you want to eat KFC--and presumably the chicken at KFC--you aren't any kind of vegetarian.

Putting a label on yourself is not necessary. You do not have to be one way or another just be who you are. But as far as being a vegetarian, that means that you abstain from consuming meat products. No chicken, beef, pork, turkey, alligator, or anything that has at anytime been able to taste you back. There are what people like to call lacto-ovo vegetarians that eat eggs and cheese.

But the point here is if you are just looking to eat healthy then eat however you want. But if you are looking to label yourself then you can just research being a vegetarian on the internet of pick up some books.

Also, I am glad to hear that you love purple koolaid and watermelon... good for you! Whatever that has to do with this question. :-)

• Brook

I suppose if you only ate chicken from KFC you would technically be considered a pollotarian, but you would get A LOT of backlash from the vegetarian community for eating there and trying to call yourself a vegetarian.

I also really like watermelon, but blue Kool-Aid is the best (grape soda is tastier than Kool-Aid anyway.) What on Earth does this have to do with your question though?

Many of us eat vegetarian meals for 3-5 main meals a week, as we feel it is a healthy way to go. Start getting together some great vegetarian recipes, you will love them.

Watermelon is very healthy for you, but not koolaid. :)

• Shawn

You can only be a partial vegetarian if you were born that way. You see if the mother is a vegetarian and the father a carnivore, the baby will be half vegetarian.

• Quinn

No it's not possible to be a partial vegetarian. You either eat animal flesh or you don't.

You must be getting your Christmas dinner from KFC. I heard that Japanese eat Christmas dinner there.

No such thing, sweetie. You eat meat or you don't. Simple.

Vegetarians despise KFC, fyi.

Yes there are lots of versions of what it means to be a vegetarian. Its your decision. You don't have to give yourself a label either. You don't have to call yourself a vegetarian.

Everyone that eats meat is a partial vegetarian. They are called Omnivores.