Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why are fox news viewers less informed?

Why are FOX News viewers the least politically informed?

and by "politically informed" i mean have knowledge of things like:

which party holds a majority in each house

who is the speaker of the house

whos the president of russia

whos the current vice president

the chief justice of the supreme court is conservative

can identify either sect of islam

believe the country has lost jobs since the stimulus

believe republicans opposed TARP

believe taxpayer dollars will be used to fund abortions

consistently less informed.

Links to surveys: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aggyc...

yahoo is blocking that question from appearing because of the links. but there are 4 links to the surveys there.

so why are they less informed?

Update:

How do i know what anyone else knows?

maybe because ive posted linked to three surveys here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aggyc...

that asked people what they know.

Update 2:

so asking people questions...and tallying up correct vs incorrect responses....and seeing who answered the most right is partisan

thats like blaming your F in biology on your liberal science teacher.

"i realize I got most the questions wrong...but how do you know arithmetic doesnt have a liberal bias"

Update 3:

"That link has been around the YA block dozens of times. And again, the liberal infested, union controlled universities will spin things to the left as well. They are infected with the liberal gene, so it only goes to say. No, we are not less informed. "

o really? because its a link to a question i created this morning. congrats on not clicking the link

Update 4:

"As for taxpayer dollars not used to fund abortions - you are smoking dope on that one."

correct on the second account, incorrect on the first

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That link has been around the YA block dozens of times. And again, the liberal infested, union controlled universities will spin things to the left as well. They are infected with the liberal gene, so it only goes to say. No, we are not less informed.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

I'm just loving the amount of people trying to discredit this data by saying that it came from a "libtard" study. Instead of arguing against the evidence itself, they say that it came from a partisan source, which in itself, is a false claim. They ask questions, and add that sh*t up. What's the problem? Just a few months ago, the same source found that Atheists know more about religion than religious folks, and I've literally never heard anyone complaining about their methodology. That's what I hate about America. You can pretty much say watever you want, even if you're a moron, and we have to treat your bullsh*t like it's credible.

The answer to your question is obvious. Fox News viewers are the same ones who complain about "biased" studies because they don't know how to handle black and white facts. Ain't no secret.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Because "Fox News" (as is their right) present pablum their viewers WANT to hear rather than actual facts....

The only problem here is that they have been FAR more successful than one would have expected of an "educated population", so I conclude that it is only fair to lay the blame for so many people being so stupid at the feet of a Democrat-dominated education system that failed to imbue children with any "Common sense" in the 70's & 80's, so those children have grown up to live in Mobile homes, believe Ronald Reagan IS John Wayne, and to be PROUD of their "anti-intellectualism" & ignorance...

• I can answer all but one of your questions without looking it up and that is the president of Russia. Why? Because the liberal press never talks about him.

As for taxpayer dollars not used to fund abortions - you are smoking dope on that one.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

A result of the 80/20 rule.

80% of the public gets 20% of the truth, 20% of the public manage to find 80%.

Fox viewers usually claim to watch that network only when it comes to their preferred choice of news outlets.

The Tea Party overwhelmingly supports Fox, Fox news is the Tea Party's cheerleading squad.

Highest ratings of any news network in the country.

The Tea Party touts a predominant outlook on the world involving conservative, republican values [and I've been to one myself].

Alarmist, terrifying subject matter on the network leads to a near consensus that we have a Muslim Kenyan as president, that he is destroying the country, the economy is getting worse, job recovery has not changed for the better whatsoever, blah, blah, blah, you know the rest.

Even one of the blondes on the network commented on the fist-bump, a friendly gesture between a man and his wife, and says, "a terrorist fist jab?!''

Megyn Kelly flips her cookies when people start waking up to notice that several, if not the majority, of attendees within every Tea Party rally are racist freaks, then she's got the moxy to smugly mock a rally comprised of protestors who SUPPORT health care reform. She opines that perhaps they may ''storm the gates'' as an elderly woman in a wheelchair appears in the protest footage.

Gretchen Carlson counts how many Sundays Obama has missed in church.

For an entire day, the hot topic was Obama's racism, when they, a cluster of white people [nobody tense up, my avatar will show you what race I am] decided to opine on the ''backseat'' quote and turn it into ''Obama says he wishes he was in control during the Civil Rights movement, he would have made us white folks sit in the back of busses.''

Just read some of the crap the conservatives advertise here. A direct product of the right wing propaganda machine. I'm happy for other countries. I wouldn't wish Fox News on any of them.

• 9 years ago

Why do you keep posting it if it is getting blocked?

Are you obsessed with the issue?

The only FACT is that FOX News is demolishing all of the other news networks combined! It is not even close!

• 4 years ago

Oh yes, yet another "study". I remember "studies" brought out back in the 40s that proved black people were less Intelligent than white. Do you think that was true too?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Oh, Republicans didn't oppose TARP.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Because Rupert's pigs distort fact from reality.

• 9 years ago

Not less informed. Misinformed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.