Again, what does dread sway mean?

I heard it in a song. The Crabbs-I'd rather have Jesus

Thank you for your time...

Thank you, Merry Christmas,anyway

Best Answer

Dread = terrible; sway = influence

It means to be held under a terrible or terrifying influence and is often used in relation to the devil

Well, my wife is Latina, though her birth certificate says "white", and she and her whole family are Republicans. The idea that 'minorities' vote solely Democratic is a mere myth perpetrated by the Democratic Party. Why? Because without pretending to champion minorities (instead of actually helping them), they'd have nothing left.

Dread - fear: be afraid or scared of; be frightened of.

Sway -

1. To swing back and forth or to and fro. See Synonyms at swing.

2. To incline or bend to one side; veer: She swayed and put out a hand to steady herself.

3.a. To incline toward change, as in opinion or feeling. b. To fluctuate, as in outlook.

I think it the message might be to fear change, or to fear inclination. In all fairness, you can't take two words out of a song and expect them to make sense. Language is a funny thing and it means something to some people and nothing to others.

Perhaps it's just a song you need to work really hard to figure out.

• Sorry, is that a song about preferring having Jesus to a crab infestation? o_O

• M S

can you tell me about Jesus?

mail me

someone made it up.

probably nonsense.