I'm lost and don't know where to start my mmusic career?

I'm 15 years old, i play the guitar, drums, sing and dance. I also have a girlfriend that sings very , very well.

We both would love to get our music out there, you know, to show that we can be as famous as justin bieber or whatever.

We just don't know how to start.. I've been playing guitar since i was like 9 years old. I've tried contacting Scooter Braun (Justin Bieber's agent.. don't know why I did that) and also Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment.. with no luck.

The main problem is that we both live in Portugal. Is it that impossible to follow our dream?

Jeez I'm starting to get depressed about this -.-

Favorite Answer

A music career is usually quite hard. Only a few succeed, and many barely make a living of it.

You can start by doing local gigs around your city/town. That will give you experience and a feel as to live shows - whether you like it or not, how to interact with a crowd etc'. Your'e very young - I'm not sure they will let you play at pubs - but if you look hard, you should be able to find places that want a musician.

In addition, you should get your music out there on the internet. You can record a videoclip of you and your girl-friend performing, and upload it to youtube and myspace. In the beginning you will get very few responses, but if you will post more and more video clips, and you are any good, you should be able to gain some attention and feedback.